Quantcast

Front hub 20mm

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Trying to decide on a new front hub. I just built my new rear wheel with a Profile 135mm SS disc Ti shimano cassette hub. I am in love with it. Came out beautiful.

Now looking to replace my Woodman front hub. Main reason is that the 20mm adaptors are not a great fit and there is a bit of play in the hub. Even with the Argyle clamped down tight, there is play.

I am leaning towards the Profile 20mm non-disc hub (to match the rear sort of). I figure I am never going to run a front brake so why have a disc hub? Save a little weight and get a bit wider stance for a stronger wheel. I may go straight lace spokes to add a bit of character. Or maybe an angled straight lace opposite direction each side.

Looked at a bunch of others including Marmoset, Hope ect. Is there anything I am missing that I should look at?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i absolutley love my profile 20mm non disc. best ting is if you ever need a disc wheel someone will buy it/trade it in a heart beat

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
I usually do consider re-sale value of purchases. Since there are a good amount of people using non-disc 20mm out there, I am not too worried about selling it.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Well I kept it simple and ordered in the non-disc Profile in black to match the rear..