Quantcast

Front Range Dentist Trails for Enderpo bikes

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I will be taking a family trip to Denver in June. Looking for a few trail options that won't cause a divorce (meaning non technical) where I might have some fun as well. buff Creek is the obvious choice, but due to time constraints, we might not make it that deep. Fort Collins would also be in range ( but Springs wouldn't). Are Bouler proper trails still as boring as they were when I lived there 20 years ago? Thoughts?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if you are feeling frisky there were trails around the highline village apartments in aurora....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Depending upon how non-technical you are talking Marshall Mesa, as lame as it is, is a non-technical dirt loop. Betasso isn't too technical either, more of a cardiovascular workout than a techy one. Heil Ranch is a pretty great ride and not that bad tech wise either.

My vote would be Heil, Hall is a bit stouter especially coming down after doing the lollipop.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hall has that one rocky section that would be the 'stick' part of a lolipop loop correct? Somewhere near Oskar Blues?
Indeed. It starts out as a fairly nondescript singletrack climb but becomes rocky and technical for a while. It would be intimidating coming down if you aren't comfortable in the rocks.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Can you fine folks give me good directions to Buff Creek? 285 to Pine, then take a left? I have been there a few times, but don't recall...
285 to Pine Valley Rd, turn left / South
10 miles or so to Buffalo Creek Rd, turn right and park at lot

OR

285 to Pine Valley Rd, turn left / South
Pine Valley Rd to Forest Service Rd 550 (about 14-15 mles)
turn right, dirt road down to the Buffalo Creek Campground parking

d/l this map to your phones in full size so you can find your way back.
http://images.mbpost.com/original/282057.jpg

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Any particular loop recomendations for a two hour ride with wifey? Every time I have gone I have been chasing locals. Not Blackjack, obviously....
My favorite is up road 543 to either Nice Kitty or Shingle Mill, Colorado Trail to Redskin creek, road 550 to Miller Gulch TH, than down either Gashouse/543 or Miller/Sandy Wash. Rinse, repeat, vary as necessary*.

*May take longer than 2 hours

Larger size maps from Front Range Mountian Bike Patrol here: http://www.frmbp.org/maps.html

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
maybe 25 min from Golden: 70 west to Evergreen (74?) exit south and park at the bottom of Elk Meadow.
I'll send you a route later.

When are you getting here? If I'm free and you'd like some company I'd ride that with ya.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Thanks for the offer, Nick! however, being that Monday will be our anniversary, I will be focussing attention on the wifey and her riding needs...We also are looking for a good dinner recco in Golden.
i want STEAK

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
the Keg steakhouse over at Colorado Mills mall has a nice steak and/or prime rib.

Bergan Peak is a bit much for a beginner. Maybe 3 Sisters would be better for you and the wifey, or the front side of Apex if she's up for a doable challenge? North Table, clockwise? I don't know your wife and have no idea what I'm saying, don't listen to me.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Thanks for the offer, Nick! however, being that Monday will be our anniversary, I will be focussing attention on the wifey and her riding needs...We also are looking for a good dinner recco in Golden.
i want STEAK
Forget Golden. Go to The Fort in Morrison. Get the bison filet.

Oh - and take the wife to 3-Sisters and ride Evergreen Mt. It's not buff, but the climb is mellow and it's a lot of fun. Listen to me.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Forget Golden. Go to The Fort in Morrison. Get the bison filet.

Oh - and take the wife to 3-Sisters and ride Evergreen Mt. It's not buff, but the climb is mellow and it's a lot of fun. Listen to me.
Yeah, I'd say those two options. The Fort is good for dinner and Evergreen is easy on the way up, and fun on the way down.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
OK, so plans are coming together. Got a reservation at a swanky B&B in Evergreen, and we are going to eat at the Black Hat Cattle Company for steaks after riding Three Sisters.
We were going to go ride Horsethief and stay in Fort Collins, then go ride Curt Gowdy and stay in Laramie, but then I looked at the forecast, holy HOT!
So now, amigos, let's talk about Steamboat.
What do people know about lift accessed riding at the resort? Wifey is into the idea of some semi DH XC trails. I could go for that! Any food Reccs?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
OK, so plans are coming together. Got a reservation at a swanky B&B in Evergreen, and we are going to eat at the Black Hat Cattle Company for steaks after riding Three Sisters.
We were going to go ride Horsethief and stay in Fort Collins, then go ride Curt Gowdy and stay in Laramie, but then I looked at the forecast, holy HOT!
So now, amigos, let's talk about Steamboat.
What do people know about lift accessed riding at the resort? Wifey is into the idea of some semi DH XC trails. I could go for that! Any food Reccs?
You'll have fun at teh Boat. There aren't a ton of trails at the resort, but the ones there are fun. In addition, you can take the lift up and then climb up and do the upper trails. Those are fun too (IIRC). She may even like the blue trail that comes down from the gondy.

Food - Aurum is nice. Right on the river.

Why you no go to The Fort? It's like another 15 minutes down the hill. You should go to The Fort.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
When I read how they do the steaks at 1800 degrees, I was sold. I'm a nerd. BTW, got your pm,Thanks! I think this will be a tight trip in Denver proper (one short overnight)
I figgered as much.

But go to The Fort. If it's good enough for the G7, it's good enough for you. :D

If you don't, let me know how Black Hat joint is... I've always wondered.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Hunh. It looks like three Sister is ~1100 feet of climbing in 7 miles, and Bergen Peak is 2200 in 10 miles, does that sound about right? I think maybe the heat factor might point towards Three Sisters (we are riding at 4:00)