Quantcast

Front Range Dentist Trails for Enderpo bikes

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hunh. It looks like three Sister is ~1100 feet of climbing in 7 miles, and Bergen Peak is 2200 in 10 miles, does that sound about right? I think maybe the heat factor might point towards Three Sisters (we are riding at 4:00)
Sounds about right - Bergen Peak is a BIG climb. Starts out on a mucho caliente trail, too. Almost all the 3-Sis climb is in the woods.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hunh. It looks like three Sister is ~1100 feet of climbing in 7 miles, and Bergen Peak is 2200 in 10 miles, does that sound about right? I think maybe the heat factor might point towards Three Sisters (we are riding at 4:00)
Bergen peak is 75% shade.
That 10 miles is the loop. The climbing gain is in 4-5 miles.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I was born in Brattleboro, I would love to get back up there to ride!
Anyhow, one more dumb question about Three Sisters.
Is there a preferable way to ride it (clockwise/counterclockwise?) Drunk?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, the trip was a smashing success.
Ended up riding Three Sisters Tuesday. LOVED the rocks on Ponderosa and Sisters trails, while wifey loved the mellowed trails by the upper lot (and some of Ponderosa. When we finished it was ninety two degrees. Hot.
The Black Hat was FANTASTIC, one of the best steaks of my life.
Steamboat was great. Stayed at the Steamboat Grand (swanky) and had a grand old time riding the Emerald trails (Howelson Hill area). Morning Gloria has to be one of the best four mile climbing grades in the US, 4% the whole way.
Ate a hot Vindaloo at the Red Bowl curry house, bloody amazing. Got trail directions at the Orange Peel bike shop, what a great little shop!
All in all a stupendous little 12 year honeymoon.