Quantcast

front range downhill trails (shuttle)

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Watch you say about front range DH, those folks over at mtbr.com will have your head:panic:

There are trails you can shuttle in the front range, but if you ride them DH style, you're going to crash into someone, there are too many up hill riders and hikers. So you can ride your DH bike, just not real fast.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Watch you say about front range DH, those folks over at mtbr.com will have your head:panic:

There are trails you can shuttle in the front range, but if you ride them DH style, you're going to crash into someone, there are too many up hill riders and hikers. So you can ride your DH bike, just not real fast.
I'm sorry, but you are incorrect. The correct answer was already posted above. Thank you for playing, we have a nice consolation door prize for you.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Fine fine, its true there are no real DH trails.

Basically, wait until the resorts open:lighten:

hey

Evan rules

instigator34

Chimp
Mar 23, 2005
you can shuttle mt falcon, apex, lookout mtn, and white ranch...there is no tech but plenty of high speed and fun corners...they are multi use trails, so whether you ride up or shuttle all bikers must yield to all other trail users...there are, however, plenty of times when you can have the trail virtually to yourself...don't ride on weekends or after work...but weekday mornings and early afternoons are generally uncrowded...there is no law against it but i have heard of park rangers giving tickets for reckless riding...so watch out!!!you'll get a ton of riders now saying how iresponsible this is and that we're going to get the trails shut down...ignore them...there are plenty of people who shuttle front range trails in a responsible manner and until jcos pulls it's head out and builds bike specific directional trails, this is what you get.

wicked cool

Monkey
Jun 22, 2004
don't ride on weekends or after work...
Sounds awesome...

seriously though, the front range sucks butt.

great riding in the junction/fruita area, gunnison/cb, and durrango, but the really is no reason for the front range. its not a good place don't o there. it should be put into its own bubble. (same thing should be done with most of so cal)

but thats just IMO

remdog

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Durango
Sounds awesome...

seriously though, the front range sucks butt.

great riding in the junction/fruita area, gunnison/cb, and durrango, but the really is no reason for the front range. its not a good place don't o there. it should be put into its own bubble. (same thing should be done with most of so cal)

but thats just IMO
look hes right, front range is crowed and all shutable trails are not shuttle specific and you better have a cow bell and not haul too much ass if you do shuttle. i can tell you some shuttle trails in durango however that are DH trails

rky mtn srfr

Monkey
Nov 26, 2006
Boulder
Don't be too discouraged. You can shuttle 'some' stuff and haul @ss, but not on the Open Space trails. Anyone talking smack about Front Range riding is either blowing smoke or hasn't been riding around here (Boulder County) for long. We have plenty of fun singletrack, just gotta work for it. Hell, I've found/ridden 2 new trails in just the last week, and the stuff up high isn't even open yet.

Buy a good topo and start studying it. Tip, study the Forest Service lands, start looking around for trails from access roads, and do some exploring.

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
great riding in the junction/fruita area,
Commence thread poach...now: I'm headed to GJ/Fruita in a few weeks. I've ridden Fruita a few times but want to explore the GJ stuff a bit more, especially the new DH specific trail. Who's got some recommendations? Any monkies in the area want to shred the wknd of May 16-18? Hit me up...

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
Commence thread poach...now: I'm headed to GJ/Fruita in a few weeks. I've ridden Fruita a few times but want to explore the GJ stuff a bit more, especially the new DH specific trail. Who's got some recommendations? Any monkies in the area want to shred the wknd of May 16-18? Hit me up...
I am going to try to join ya, altho the weather may b a little warm. GJ is really fun and there's only 1 real trail area and thats the ribbon/lunch loop trails, hit up the local bike shop for local knowledge

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Wait wait wait... are you saying I should go to the LOCAL bike shop? For a taste of what one might construe as LOCAL knowledge?

UNCANNY.

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
I am going to try to join ya, altho the weather may b a little warm. GJ is really fun and there's only 1 real trail area and thats the ribbon/lunch loop trails, hit up the local bike shop for local knowledge
Nice. I think we are planning on hitting up the stuff in GJ on friday the 16th. Shoot me a p.m...

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
how does a park ranger catch a speeding downhiller.. are downhill rigs standard issue for rangers in grand junction?? :P

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Ok, seriously, what's with the pantywastes wanting the easy up? I'm as out of shape as the next guy and I got my Nomad up Chimney and down Apex in a couple of hours... Hell, I've ridden my 54lbs DH bike up Lookout Rd only to bopp down at a "medium pace".
Pulling over, hangin' out while shootin' the sh!t and checking out some XC betties going up Apex IS A GOOD THING! Slow the phuck down, smile more, look at butts in lycra that you'll only dream was on your wife or girlfriend... that's a good day on the trail!
Cheers!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ok, seriously, what's with the pantywastes wanting the easy up? I'm as out of shape as the next guy and I got my Nomad up Chimney and down Apex in a couple of hours... Hell, I've ridden my 54lbs DH bike up Lookout Rd only to bopp down at a "medium pace".
Pulling over, hangin' out while shootin' the sh!t and checking out some XC betties going up Apex IS A GOOD THING! Slow the phuck down, smile more, look at butts in lycra that you'll only dream was on your wife or girlfriend... that's a good day on the trail!
Cheers!
Pot-stirrer. :p

godzilla

Chimp
Dec 19, 2005
Did someone say "shuttle"?

Go out Hwy 67 from Sedalia until you hit dirt, turn right when you run into the Platte River, drive ~5 miles and stop when you see a metal bridge on the lefthand side - trail is on the right side of the road and will take you all the way to the Waterton trailhead (17 miles).

It's the shuttle to end all shuttles.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Go out Hwy 67 from Sedalia until you hit dirt, turn right when you run into the Platte River, drive ~5 miles and stop when you see a metal bridge on the lefthand side - trail is on the right side of the road and will take you all the way to the Waterton trailhead (17 miles).

You are an evil man. :rofl:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

So... what's your sign?