Quantcast

Front Range Trail conditions

5cents

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
in the 303/720
Hey everyone.

I think that we might want to start a little post of trail conditions on the range. So we know what is good and what sucks, ie ruts, clear cutting, etc.

With the way the weather changes here, and all that I thought it might be a good idea?

Any way, I will be riding either mathews-winters/dakota ridge or Bergan this weekend, will post update of trail Early next week.

rock on and ride hard.

FunkMaster

Chimp
Jun 1, 2003
Golden, CO
rode Matthews/Winters today. It's all good, like one and a half puddles. The first climb is torn up, but there is even a smooth line through that. The steps are completely dry.

5cents

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
in the 303/720
mathews-winters is dry, minus a few puddles.

Did not ride dakota ridge.

Lair-O-the Bear is dry, execpt the fun small stream/ creek crossings.

5cents

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
in the 303/720
How is Green Mountain? Anyone. I am sure people are ridding up there like banchies.

Anyone rode deer creek yet? If so what are the conditions like?

ladge

Chimp
May 5, 2002
Arvada
Originally posted by SkaredShtles
Mount Falcon was dry and in good condition on Sunday, from the east parking lot all the way 'round Devil's Elbow. I suspect it might be a bit different currently. :D

-S.S.-
I rode Sunday at Falcon also - I was amazed that there was almost no snow anywhere up there! It's gotta be butt ugly right now I agree. I went by the C470 parking lot at Green Mountain last night and walked up to where the dirt started. It was FUBAR!:eek:

FYI - until yesterday my friend had been riding White Ranch and said it's all clear. I hiked up part of the trail at Chimney Gulch about a week ago and it was dry too.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Bump

Is everything shut down and people are waxing skis? Mud? Dusty?

Thinking of something up north this next week if the weather is good for it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@6thElement icy patches, no? I saw a shot from Apex that did not look promising.
I am crossing my fingers for Horsetooth or Hall Ranch or something similar.
Plenty of snirt in apex before the snow squall that proceeded the windpocalpse. Might be some icy patches but probably rideable, should be fine later in the week with all the warm days.

I was thinking of Hall tomorrow, I'll report back if I do.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Plenty of snirt in apex before the snow squall that proceeded the windpocalpse. Might be some icy patches but probably rideable, should be fine later in the week with all the warm days.

I was thinking of Hall tomorrow, I'll report back if I do.
Any intel is much appreciated!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
how long are you in town? got time for a beer?
I'll be up in Laramie through the 26th. Have been given the nod for a day trip down to the front range for a mountain bike ride. No plans yet but I really don't want to go farther south than Longmont. If it's the goods I can be convinced.

I would be down to hang within those parameters and maybe stretching them if that's what's required.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
We hiked Mt Falcon yesterday and shit was dry as a bone on the front side... it's disturbing, if I'm honest. :disgust:
We just took a hike in the Snowys above Centennial today and there wasn't much snow even up there... weird stuff!

Looks like I have the green light for Thursday AM. Horsetooth is probably where I'll end up as it involves the shortest trek into the sprawling mess of the FR. Should be fun times.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We just took a hike in the Snowys above Centennial today and there wasn't much snow even up there... weird stuff!

Looks like I have the green light for Thursday AM. Horsetooth is probably where I'll end up as it involves the shortest trek into the sprawling mess of the FR. Should be fun times.
Pretty good tacos here: https://goo.gl/maps/jxEHfmFkYTxx4yHL8