Quantcast

Frontflip on a MTB!!

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
How many people have you seen do a frontflip before though? It is so much harder than a backflip, because you are throwing your weight a tottaly different direction than normally when you jump. I still think its crazy but to each their own.............

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
I think it's cool, although Im not quite sure if it counts as a frontflip if you only get a foot off the ground.... more like a well recovered endo.

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
TheInedibleHulk said:
I think it's cool, although Im not quite sure if it counts as a frontflip if you only get a foot off the ground.... more like a well recovered endo.
He does a frontflip, so it IS a frontflip, no arguing that

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
It's almost like a flatland frontflip though. If I can bunnyhop off a curb and do a tailwhip can I claim that Ive done an aerial tailwhip?

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
TheInedibleHulk said:
It's almost like a flatland frontflip though. If I can bunnyhop off a curb and do a tailwhip can I claim that Ive done an aerial tailwhip?
You are in the air when you do it so yes, and a flatland frontflip would be even crazier

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
stratguy1618 said:
You are in the air when you do it so yes, and a flatland frontflip would be even crazier
Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there, a 360 off a curb and a 360 over a 15 foot double are two very different things.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I was talking to Ryan Nyquist at a skatepark last year and he was doing frontflips into a foam pit. He said it's one of the hardest tricks he ever tried.

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
TheInedibleHulk said:
Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there, a 360 off a curb and a 360 over a 15 foot double are two very different things.

haha, but yeah, no matter what way you look at it, YOU cant do a front flip either way, so give the dude some props.

jeez

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
DamienC said:
Jim DeChamp stuck a front flip in competition at the last Red Bull Bike Battle in Baltimore back in Sept. '04. I seemed to remember some video clip of it floating around somewhere but I can't seem to track it down.
I was standing there watching sort of at the base of the jump when he did it. He was stoked and ghosted his bike and it slammed the fence right at my feet. The security guards that were standing there next to me yelled at him to do a 'superman seat grab'. I told them they were idiots...

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
TheInedibleHulk said:
its still the same 360, the height/distance being the craziness variable