Quantcast

Fruita Fat Tire Festival

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
MisterClean said:
Is anyone from this mess attending?
Nope, even though it's only four hours away. Only have Friday and Saturday off; back to work Sunday night. And a Massive Attack show to go to at the Filmore Friday night.

Though I'll be over there, and in Moab for a bit later on; May 4th-9th.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
It make perfect sense to me. Why ride with a million people when you can go backcountry skiing instead?

I'm actually intending on going up a few more times before summer... what are your plans for backcountrying and what not? I'll probably just use up my pass up at A-Basin and enjoy t-shirt skiing, unless somebody wants to guide me elsewhere.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
COmtbiker12 said:
I'm actually intending on going up a few more times before summer... what are your plans for backcountrying and what not? I'll probably just use up my pass up at A-Basin and enjoy t-shirt skiing, unless somebody wants to guide me elsewhere.
I'm heading up with a buddy to RMNP this weekend for a camping/skiing festivale. That'll likely be the last skiing trip I get this year.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
SkaredShtles said:
It make perfect sense to me. Why ride with a million people when you can go backcountry skiing instead?
Because it's mountain biking and a million people is a gross exaggeration.

The reason I asked was to share in some local knowledge that avoids the crowd.

For me it's one highly social ride on a well known GJ trail and several non-social rides on lesser known trails, followed by free beer and free food. No need to toss a coin here.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
MisterClean said:
Because it's mountain biking and a million people is a gross exaggeration.

The reason I asked was to share in some local knowledge that avoids the crowd.

For me it's one highly social ride on a well known GJ trail and several non-social rides on lesser known trails, followed by free beer and free food. No need to toss a coin here.
:thumb:

I'm still going backcountry skiing, though. :D

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
SkaredShtles said:
:thumb:

I'm still going backcountry skiing, though. :D
I didn't expect any change there, but felt the need to clarify a couple of things. That photo was taken during FFTF on a trail that very few people know about and there were only four on the ride.

One of this year's non-crowd rides: