Quantcast

Fruita (Loma) pics-- NOT DIAL UP FRIENDLY

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Well I went down to Colorado last week/weekend to visit college and ride some bike down there. We stayed in Grand Junction and rented bikes and headed out to Loma on Friday. We rode from about 10:30 to 4. It was some of the best riding I have ever done (not too special considering I havent done much). Here are some of the pics.

We rode Mary's Loop to Steve's Loop to Moore Fun back to the trailhead.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
I have about 15 more of the trails and about 10 of the drive through the state if you guys would like to see some more pics.

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
i love living out here in CO. in boulder we have the flatirons right above us, like easy riding distance from town. then it shoots out to the plains in about a mile. it's so pretty at sunrise, one time i slept on my roof and set an alarm clock just so i could see it.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
manhattanprjkt83 said:
beautiful place i was there in October, just got back from CO last week too!

Yeah, it is truly amazing to drive through the mtns. that have 10' of snow and its 25 degrees and an hour later be in the desert at 75 degrees. What were you doing in CO?

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
flatulant_man said:
i love living out here in CO. in boulder we have the flatirons right above us, like easy riding distance from town. then it shoots out to the plains in about a mile. it's so pretty at sunrise, one time i slept on my roof and set an alarm clock just so i could see it.
A friend of mine and I got up at about 4:00 in the morning and solo'd the 3rd flatiron by headlamp to watch the sunrise from the top. It was really awesome!! :) We just forgot to take a thermos of coffee with us. That would have been perfect.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Morryjg said:
Oh yeah........Awesome pics!! I need to get out there soon and ride Eagle's Wing & the Ribbon. :D
Where are those trails at? The only ones we really looked at were the loops by Loma, Lunch Loop and another trail right near GJ and a couple by the bookcliffs. We decided on Loma in the end.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
nice pics.
how much $$ were your bike rentals?
We have considered flying to CO but dont want to pack bikes. We rode Fruita over 2 years ago & it was one of the most memorable MTBing bike experiences I have ever had. We loved it. Next visit we are going to hit up a lot more trails than we did (only zippety & chutes n ladders & another I forgot the name of near the bookcliffs).
glad you had fun!

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
TN said:
nice pics.
how much $$ were your bike rentals?
We have considered flying to CO but dont want to pack bikes. We rode Fruita over 2 years ago & it was one of the most memorable MTBing bike experiences I have ever had. We loved it. Next visit we are going to hit up a lot more trails than we did (only zippety & chutes n ladders & another I forgot the name of near the bookcliffs).
glad you had fun!

TN at Ruby Caynon Cycles (where I got the Yeti) the rentals are 50 for 24 hours and the selection is Specialized and Yeti. My buddies got bikes from Running and Bicycle outfitters (something like that) for 45 but the bikes weren't as nice (Gary Fisher, Trek, Jamis). There was Brown Cycles that had them for the cheapest I think but I didn't care for the shop too much. This is all in Grand Junction and Over the Edge in Fruita had 40 dollar rentals on Rocky Mtn. Elements. They have more rentals later in the year but that was all they had when we went.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
RideND said:
Where are those trails at? The only ones we really looked at were the loops by Loma, Lunch Loop and another trail right near GJ and a couple by the bookcliffs. We decided on Loma in the end.
Eagle's Wing & The Ribbon are right off of the Lunch Loop if I remember correctly. I have not been over there, but all my friends have and told me how fun it is. :think: :D

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
RideND said:
TN at Ruby Caynon Cycles (where I got the Yeti) the rentals are 50 for 24 hours and the selection is Specialized and Yeti. My buddies got bikes from Running and Bicycle outfitters (something like that) for 45 but the bikes weren't as nice (Gary Fisher, Trek, Jamis). There was Brown Cycles that had them for the cheapest I think but I didn't care for the shop too much. This is all in Grand Junction and Over the Edge in Fruita had 40 dollar rentals on Rocky Mtn. Elements. They have more rentals later in the year but that was all they had when we went.
That is not bad. did yall camp any? we camped at CO Nat'l Monument & I think there were like 3 other people there at the time. It was so awesome there, I didn't want to leave.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
No we didnt do any camping. We were visiting the college so we didnt have much time to do anything. The day we went riding the parents went to the Monument and said it was breathtaking.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morryjg said:
Eagle's Wing & The Ribbon are right off of the Lunch Loop if I remember correctly. I have not been over there, but all my friends have and told me how fun it is. :think: :D
Oh yeah, baby. Fun is an understatement.......... and we'll make sure to expose you to the joy that is called Holy Cross. :thumb:

-S.S.-