Quantcast

Fruita trail in bad shape?

Discussion in 'The West' started by Ascentrek, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Ascentrek

Ascentrek Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    I just got back from a fruita, co weekend. I haven't been there since April/May time frame, but noted that the trails are in pretty bad shape.

The connector trail between Ribbon and Eagle Wing is horrible! Not that it wasn't mostly a hike-a-bike, but the sections you could ride are unridable! Big boulders in the way.

Eagles Wing seems obliterated.... not that I don't like a challenge, but we're talking V'd out grooves with loose junk in the middle.... all over the place.

What is happening locally to get these trails improved? I would help if I can get out there.

Has anyone else witnessed what I have in just a 6 month time frame?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. mgy

mgy Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    We got 4 inches of rain last Sunday and we average less than an inch a month. That much rain tends to destory trails here and we don't exactly have an army to go out and fix every trail in less than a week.

I rode the Ribbon (and Eagles) this Sunday and it was like riding a new trail in places, rocks, boulders and ruts where there usually are none. I still had fun and rode almost everything I normally ride.

3. jugdish

jugdish Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I still love Fruita but last time I was there I was thinking the same thing. I got back, talked to a friend who asked it the trails were trashed, he had thought the same thing last time he was there. Still one of my favs though.

4. Ascentrek

Ascentrek Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Thanks for the update. It did seem like there was more water there than normal. The trails looked as if they hadn't been ridden much after either.

I love that place, and would help out there if I could.