Quantcast

Fruita trail in bad shape?

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
I just got back from a fruita, co weekend. I haven't been there since April/May time frame, but noted that the trails are in pretty bad shape.

The connector trail between Ribbon and Eagle Wing is horrible! Not that it wasn't mostly a hike-a-bike, but the sections you could ride are unridable! Big boulders in the way.

Eagles Wing seems obliterated.... not that I don't like a challenge, but we're talking V'd out grooves with loose junk in the middle.... all over the place.

What is happening locally to get these trails improved? I would help if I can get out there.

Has anyone else witnessed what I have in just a 6 month time frame?

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
We got 4 inches of rain last Sunday and we average less than an inch a month. That much rain tends to destory trails here and we don't exactly have an army to go out and fix every trail in less than a week.

I rode the Ribbon (and Eagles) this Sunday and it was like riding a new trail in places, rocks, boulders and ruts where there usually are none. I still had fun and rode almost everything I normally ride.

jugdish

Chimp
Jul 10, 2001
Colorado
I still love Fruita but last time I was there I was thinking the same thing. I got back, talked to a friend who asked it the trails were trashed, he had thought the same thing last time he was there. Still one of my favs though.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
mgy said:
We got 4 inches of rain last Sunday and we average less than an inch a month. That much rain tends to destory trails here and we don't exactly have an army to go out and fix every trail in less than a week.

I rode the Ribbon (and Eagles) this Sunday and it was like riding a new trail in places, rocks, boulders and ruts where there usually are none. I still had fun and rode almost everything I normally ride.
Thanks for the update. It did seem like there was more water there than normal. The trails looked as if they hadn't been ridden much after either.

I love that place, and would help out there if I could.