Quantcast

Fry-Day…Does That Mean Donuts?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
poured all night, radar shows one more blast of rain then clearing for the weekend at around noon today.

17 transports on my run sheet but all of them are nearby so no biggie. Wish I wasn't doing an EMT standby all weekend as I bet the steelhead will be running

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
The older and fatter I get the less I enjoy kneeling, was pretty stoked the the cylinder head was already off.
I had a mostly cruisy day and the customers I did see were all really nice.
IMG_20220422_211042.jpg

However, some retired fuckwitt had two emloyees tied up at the bolt shop trying to work out a bolt size for a 1970's Japanese RC plane's muffler, I wanted to slap the boomer out of him.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
FRIDAY, finally. Only a 3 day week for me, but it has felt like I worked all 5.

Need to decide on a good spot to ride this weekend.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We're in BRUHTOWN, baby! Population - YOU GUYS! So somebody on my Boston Marathon bus tested positive for the China Flu, so I scheduled myself a test tomorrow and will work from home today. I was going to go into work but my boss told to stay home if I wanted and I was all like TWIST MY ARM. I feel fine...no symptoms.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Fritter Friday indeed. Woke up at 2 with a splitting headache, cold sweats at 2:30, puked at 3, have been sweating and puking since. Managed to get the pups fed and walked, now I'm trying to drink coffee and not puke. Good times.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Slickoil Ti water bottle cage bolts arriving today so that's the highlight of my day. I am done with this week - and the week may well be done with me. Trail work tomorrow + ugly weather on Sunday == pissy wife in 3 .. 2 .. 1 ...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. School's closed today and Monday, so I'm taking the days off. Riding with Haley, going up to @Nick's at some point, and then heading over the Bandimere for some outdoor karting.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
New frame on the way from WA
Float X on the way from BC
Bits and pieces on the way from UK

Now I wait and walk the dogs.

I should fetch breakfast #2

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ok boys, here goes. I was supposed to fly to Lima yesterday for my best friends wedding. Little did we know, they changed the COVID requirements to enter Peru, they need documentation of the booster shot. This changed since we booked. No problem, I got boosted in October.
But the pharmacy that I got my shot at forgot to update my booster documentation, and just gave my card back to me.
There was no way to get ahold of them as it was 6:00 AM, the flight would leave before they opened. So my wife and kiddo got through, I did not.
I got my proof in IF from the Savon there, ok, we are on again! Get to the airport at 5:30 AM, and they caught the discrepancy, we had to get a regional manager to override it. OK, fine. Yesterday I asked the pimply faced kid to rebook my flight for today. Great! But apparently he forgot to rebook the DFW -Lima leg, so we had to get another regional manager override. OK, finally got that sorted out.
Then wifey messaged me that Peru requires that you travel more than six months before your passport expiration date. We are off by five days. She has incredible attention to detail, and missed this. They let them in last night, but she warned me to just play dumb, friendly, English only tourist when I get there at 1:00 am tomorrow. The wedding is at 11:00 am tomorrow, 4 hours from Lima.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ok boys, here goes. I was supposed to fly to Lima yesterday for my best friends wedding. Little did we know, they changed the COVID requirements to enter Peru, they need documentation of the booster shot. This changed since we booked. No problem, I got boosted in October.
But the pharmacy that I got my shot at forgot to update my booster documentation, and just gave my card back to me.
There was no way to get ahold of them as it was 6:00 AM, the flight would leave before they opened. So my wife and kiddo got through, I did not.
I got my proof in IF from the Savon there, ok, we are on again! Get to the airport at 5:30 AM, and they caught the discrepancy, we had to get a regional manager to override it. OK, fine. Yesterday I asked the pimply faced kid to rebook my flight for today. Great! But apparently he forgot to rebook the DFW -Lima leg, so we had to get another regional manager override. OK, finally got that sorted out.
Then wifey messaged me that Peru requires that you travel more than six months before your passport expiration date. We are off by five days. She has incredible attention to detail, and missed this. They let them in last night, but she warned me to just play dumb, friendly, English only tourist when I get there at 1:00 am tomorrow. The wedding is at 11:00 am tomorrow, 4 hours from Lima.
Yeesh... passport *and* COVID shenanigans? :fie:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
New squishy, squishy, go fasty, fasty gets dropped into the mail today. Then it's time to get old squishy, squishy, fasty, fastys ready to be sold.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Work just got all worky on me in the past few days. Not a fan, guys, not a fan at all.

Otherwise, I slept like garbage and am still hacking stuff up. Good times.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Up to mountains in a bit to see if Starlink works

Doing some online CME until the time to drop Aya off at preschool before heading west comes

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Wait I thought you were buying a new truck, don't you always get fucked when buying new?
Jeeps and subarus are the vehicle of choice here in the PNW, right now new is cheaper than used with the used market being upside down with inventory. Some dealers are selling at MSRP or below just to move inventory instead of price gouging like the rest of the dealers

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So I spent my morning at the childrens hospital. My son had a follow-up x-ray for his broken scaphoid (still broken), and got a new fibreglass cast on. He's happy caus' it's orange, and he got the last roll of orange in the 'body shop'. TIL that the scaphoid is a complicated bone to heal, I guess because it doesn't get as much blood supply as other bones. It can take 8-10 weeks (over the usual 5-6). So he has a second follow-up appointment in another month. :thumbsdown:

when I got home, my coffee grinder was too gummed up to grind my coffee fine enough for my espresso. So I had to take it apart to clean it out. But the last time I did that, I cross threaded the fucker when reassembling it. I had to take it to a coffee repair shop, that wound up sending it to a machine shop that actually spot welded a bar to the top burr to dislodge it. It was stressful when I started threading it back together again today... but I gott'er done, and just had my afternoon shot. I'm still going to replace that pig as soon as I can. it's noisy AF, doesn't grind fine enough, and is a bitch to clean. the grinder I have my eyes on won't be available till end of July though. :thumbsdown:

on the plus side, daytime nookie. :thumb:

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Can't say I have ever been to a Cuban Restaurant. Played it safe and got a Cubano Sandwich. Roast Pork, Ham, Pickles, Some kind of Juice, Plantains, a bunch of other stuff too. A small is whole loaf of bread. Came with a side of Beans and Rice for $8. I had the Colodo too. I will be back. Oh my. So good!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Can't say I have ever been to a Cuban Restaurant. Played it safe and got a Cubano Sandwich. Roast Pork, Ham, Pickles, Some kind of Juice, Plantains, a bunch of other stuff too. A small is whole loaf of bread. Came with a side of Beans and Rice for $8. I had the Colodo too. I will be back. Oh my. So good!
Congrats on discovering a Cuban restaurant. Wait until you have had a Cuban breakfast with scrambled eggs and rice. Ooooh mah gawd...