Quantcast

>>> Fry IAB 'cause it's his birth day <<<

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
W00t. Friday. Tomorrow it sounds like we're going shuttling again. Will definitely be swimming in Georgian Bay afterwards.

This new building is just becoming more and more frustrating. When the other guy and myself swapped buildings, I left a nice itemized list of open projects that I was working on. This guy left me nothing. No list, no docs, no tickets, nothing. And now one of the managers just dumped and opened about ten tickets of outstanding work. FFS. :banghead:

W00t. Friday. Tomorrow it sounds like we're going shuttling again. Will definitely be swimming in Georgian Bay afterwards.

This new building is just becoming more and more frustrating. When the other guy and myself swapped buildings, I left a nice itemized list of open projects that I was working on. This guy left me nothing. No list, no docs, no tickets, nothing. And now one of the managers just dumped and opened about ten tickets of outstanding work. FFS. :banghead:
What drove the swap?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What drove the swap?
The bossman advertises it as being a shorter commute for both of us, so just a lifestyle change and whatnot. Though if I read between the lines, its probably for things like what I mentioned above, so a fresh start for him at a different building where I've laid out a framework of documentation, processes and discipline for maintaining everything "IT". Its not perfect, but its better than nothing (which is here). This building I'm at now needs a lot of help.

FOR EXAMPLE (feathers are ruffled), the IT department folder here has a last modified date of 2018. Like what? Don't get me started on active directory and that mess. I had implemented some GPOs for this guy a few years ago to help automate things, which I've now discovered have been disabled for a while. Le sigh.

Anyways, at least this building has free coffee. :)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You guys are so damn sweet it's going to give me diabetes. I did not have donuts, but I currently cramming leftover taco pizza down my food hole. I went for my usual five mile run this morning then got my free birthday five shot Americano from Starbucks. We're packing up and heading to Vermont for three days.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Peanut butter and raspberry sandwich for breakfast. No daycare for
Hannah today, so construction while she is home. Giddy. Mostly painting in the garage and cleaning the house that this point though. I might punch a hole in the ceiling for the last run of Romex though. Might be easier than trying to feed it semi-blindly from 6' away.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Maine.
Brought the bike and will be hitting some primo trails in morning.
Let the beer drinking commence.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I will give you my "how to have a heart attack recipe"

1. Be stressed over not getting one big phone call for 2 weeks that you previously thought you would get in January. It's something you would really want to happen.
2. Get said phone call so the problem is solved but now your SO has a big issue you are helping her with so it's a different problem you are solving now.
3. Fix that problem, wake up on Friday (today) and be ready for the meeting re. the phone call you've been waiting for
4. Fire up your work laptop and before you manage to tell your direct superior you need to be AFK for 2 hours get an email about a screwup, your screwup (ok the system is shit and a few others kinda could take the blame but I'm the manager so I take the blame) that gets bigger with every minute you look at it
5. The screwup is visible by at least 2 dept heads and it is noticeable by the customers but ok they happen, you start fixing it and now only have to wait for an email from 1 key person.
6. You go to the said meeting since your company is not monsters and they get you to have plans. You go to the restaurant and in that restaurant is see your current boss, you are meeting with your ex-boss (and his ex-boss), they know each other, this is a work-related meeting.
7. Find out the SO/GF problem is not fixed so you still have to help her while continuing to fix your own problem
8. Wait for the super superior to come back on Monday.

This was a fun day. On 9am the plan was to just go to a meeting, do some regular work, do some bike riding later in the day. The plan for now is to avoid going to the hospital.

PS. For added irony yesterday my head doctor prescribed me meds for panic attacks...

PS2. I'm visiting the in laws tomorrow...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all.

I had quite the pedal strike this morning! Ejected myself, only a few scrapes.

But I bent my new pedal, bent my XT crankarm outward (and twisted), and broke my Di2 shifter pod (via contact with my very own abdominal wall!).

72DC58F8-69B5-4009-B55C-BCEC6F0F54CB.jpeg
8D441AE6-69B4-4C36-9664-EF2C840C30DD.jpeg
DEDF35DD-94AF-4366-9906-65A161B36083.jpeg

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
XT cranks are made of cheese.
plus a man of your means deserves eewings.
I think I’m stuck with them, as they’re a weird moped-specific model with no spider. FC-M8050.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Weren't old XT cranks like super strong? Did they suddenly decide to cheesify them?
They used to be but the last set I had (5+ yrs ago) bent and stripped out at pedal threads. Not sure what caused the change as shimano cranks used to be bombproof.

I also broke my last xo carbon cranks as out trails are conducive to lots of rock strikes.

Curious to see how the eewings hold up as the ends already look like they’ve been run thru a wood chipper.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
56 easy fast miles on the road, the final 3 miles up the mountain to get back home was an effort on todays 6000ft vert toasty hot ride.

@Toshi how was the rock and yourself?

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They used to be but the last set I had (5+ yrs ago) bent and stripped out at pedal threads. Not sure what caused the change as shimano cranks used to be bombproof.

I also broke my last xo carbon cranks as out trails are conducive to lots of rock strikes.

Curious to see how the eewings hold up as the ends already look like they’ve been run thru a wood chipper.
Maybe the cranks aren't the problem....

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Why not just buy old stuff? Race Face atlas and other old stuff?