Quantcast

\\\ Fry Tag GMT ///

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
accounted for!

got all my parts in for the new build... depending on how today goes, I may drop the frame off to have the BB and headset pressed in, then it's build time!

I also may have worn my wife down to the point that she thinks buying a new car is OK, provided it's not a 20 year old BMW with 150k on the clock...still no alfa trollmeo though.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave: oh, hello.

work day capped with a few low effort laps of a fun, local descent, further punctuated by food and beers with ^^^ those idiots.

Good times.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends. In the past three weeks I have spent a grand total of one work day in my cubicle. The rest of the time I've been offsite in our technology center. So I am in my office this morning and am getting bombarded. That's what I get for showing my face here. At least it is Friday.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Doobie Bros. and Steely Dan tonight......."whoaaaaahhhhh wooooah...listen to the music...!" :happydance:

The kiddo was on an overnight to Colonial Williamsburg with the school, so my wife and I partied like rock stars last night.

.....just kidding....we fell asleep on the couch listening to the silence. It was like a vacation.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Headed back to Denver today. Kids love rollercoasters. Go figure.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
rode with the boys to school this morning. 36 freedom fucking units = cold hands and whiny kids. but they're tough and did good.

There was a group of people waiting for school bus on a corner that's at the top of a hill. My little guy had a hard time getting around them (he's 5, yes he rides on the sidewalk), so I tried to give him a little push to give him some momentum to get going again. I crushed a testicle against my top tube in a sliding motion that was so painful, I was on my knees, dry heaving for a good 4 minutes. The moms at the bus stop, and people walking their dogs had no friggin clue what happened. just that some dude randomly dropped to the ground and started dry heaving all of a sudden!

busy at work, better get back to it!

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
accounted for!

got all my parts in for the new build... depending on how today goes, I may drop the frame off to have the BB and headset pressed in, then it's build time!

I also may have worn my wife down to the point that she thinks buying a new car is OK, provided it's not a 20 year old BMW with 150k on the clock...still no alfa trollmeo though.
///FCA

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

A cold front moved in just in time for the weekend. In the 70s all week and now will be in the 50s all weekend :rant:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Drove a bunch of dudes up a hill and hung out with @6thElement wife. Still not sure how she puts up with him, because she's pretty awesome. Got a whopping 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night. It was almost amazing.
MIL is closing on her house this morning, so it will be 100% official that she's moving out soon. That's the best I've got.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Enduroed last night.

Gosh there are a lot of fast riders around here.

I opted to not take silly risky lines and got 49th... of 130 or something. Top 50% and no crashes. I’ll take it.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. Here and accounted for. Work tonight, and it's my long weekend. Shooting range was good yesterday, got our co-worker out of his funk. Lots of yard work and stuff around the house accomplished on my days off.....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
waddaya have in mind? (I'm still quite fond of my DD Aggressor)
I don't know about SS, but I have a DD Aggressor in mind. @6thElement suggested the same yesterday.
(DHF F/R for years, looking for a bit faster rolling tire for the rear)

Are you sure that it’s not residual effects of Apex Gut hot laps?
that didn't suck.
also, you should consider slowing down whilst on the hardtail. just an idea.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
dentist appt at 2, then fucking off to go riding.
Ask him what bike he has and what trails he rides it on.

Also, fork is not holding air. Hope its just the seals.

Morning. Slept in until 7:30 today. It was awesome. Was supposed to work 12 to 11 today, but new boss decided she wanted to have a meeting at 11am with everyone to discuss expectations even though shes been here a couple months now. Figures she chooses today... :banghead:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yup... that's why I'm leery of doing something else. Really liked those tires on my Reign. I might even say FTS and replace the *front* with a Magi-X version as well...

WR2 much better than the current Maxxis HR2 2.4s in conditions such as this trail has:
dakridge3.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I don't know about SS, but I have a DD Aggressor in mind. @6thElement suggested the same yesterday.
I manage to cope with EXO versions, haven't needed to try the DD variant.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
That's precisely why I got it. And that's precisely what it delivered.

Minion SS rolls great.
I've had a RockRazor and a Slaughter in the past. They work great where it's dry, but we get lots of mixed conditions here, and they're not super great in claggy mud (they were surprisingly fine when it was raining though - as long as the mud was wet enough, they didn't pack up). I was actually really surprised at how well they brake too. I guess as long as there's a firm surface to grip on, all those little knobs really conform to the terrain and increase braking surface. As long as there's a firm surface.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Everything here is loose over hard.

Well, almost everything. If it's not loose over hard it's bare rock. Really pointy, sharp, bare rock.

Except Buff Crik - that shit is loose over loose over some more loose. With some occasional roots.