Quantcast

->>> Fry tag <<<-

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Doc thinks same - from the bouncy leg thing.
I am supposed to go for a walk every night.
No bouncy-bouncy
Get a pair of crocs/foam slippers/jello? to cushion my feet when sitting around and end up doing the unconscious bounce when there is no family around to throw things at me.
Cut back all of the calluses that have formed along the front of the ball to minimize pressure (got a bit of shelf thing going on)

Monitor.

Good news is that I am still allowed to ride.
piriformis stretches help if you spend a lot of your day sitting

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We have a neighbor like that - he has *TWO* newer Ford SuperDuty pickups, an older Ford brodozer, TWO FUCKING POWER BOATS, a 5th wheel trail, and a bunch of motorcycles/ATV's in an ENORMOUS garage that he tacked on to his somewhat-normal-sized suburban home.

Oh, and he's flying a Trump flag. :disgust:
I had one of those guys a few weeks ago. 50 years old. $500k of non-house debt. Couldn't even save enough to get his company match (free money). Had $50k in all of his retirement accounts. When I gave him his realistic retirement outlook, he said selling his classic cars (68 and 69 Camaro) was worth $200k and that he'd have already bought all of his stuff, so he would only need to pay for food and utilities. When I brought up the cost of healthcare, insurance, property taxes, etc he just said I didn't know what I was talking about and that his $50 would be over $500k in 10 years. Even explaining the basic math he just said I didn't know what I was talking about. Also, huge Trumper... Shocked. Shocked I say.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I had one of those guys a few weeks ago. 50 years old. $500k of non-house debt. Couldn't even save enough to get his company match (free money). Had $50k in all of his retirement accounts. When I gave him his realistic retirement outlook, he said selling his classic cars (68 and 69 Camaro) was worth $200k and that he'd have already bought all of his stuff, so he would only need to pay for food and utilities. When I brought up the cost of healthcare, insurance, property taxes, etc he just said I didn't know what I was talking about and that his $50 would be over $500k in 10 years. Even explaining the basic math he just said I didn't know what I was talking about. Also, huge Trumper... Shocked. Shocked I say.
You ask why he even bothered to solicit your advice in the first place if he had it all figured out?

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:popcorn:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
How did he manage to get that DTI by the underwriters? Or was he a high earner that's just stupid?
CC, car loans, RV loans, etc. Makes about $100k household, iirc. Not a huge earner.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
There's a million of those guys in central Florida. And almost all of them are dumbass rednecks. They are so desperate to impress people who don't give a shit about them. One guy got pissed at me because I had like $1000 cash on me, said I was showing off and trying to make him look bad. I said no, you're just broke and he wanted to fight. Between us, he was right. I only carry that kind of bread to fuck with guys like him. They find it very emasculating.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
$500K of non-house debt on $100K income. GOLD, Jerry. GOLD. How much HOUSE debt did he have? :rofl:
I'm trying to figure out what the payment situation is on that, if that were a 30-year mortgage it would be over a 1/4 of their pre-tax income, no way it's as cheap as a 30-year. How does one achieve such debts without getting stuck and bankrupt on the way there? Where does one borrow that much from?

There's a million of those guys in central Florida. And almost all of them are dumbass rednecks. They are so desperate to impress people who don't give a shit about them. One guy got pissed at me because I had like $1000 cash on me, said I was showing off and trying to make him look bad. I said no, you're just broke and he wanted to fight. Between us, he was right. I only carry that kind of bread to fuck with guys like him. They find it very emasculating.

Well played, I used to fuck with those idiots when I worked with a lot of them. Wait until they get in a bind and start selling their toys, offer pennies on the dollar, then produce the cash from your wallet. They get pissed, but also desperately need the money because they're hilariously overextended, they get really pissed when they see their shit for sale on Craigslist the next day for 4-5x what you paid for it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my favorite is the guys that drive $50k+ brodozers home to the apartments they rent. or a doublewide.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
"How else y'all expect me to get pussy?"
Those redneck girls age really fast. Hot in high school and ready for the scrapyard by age 30. I saw a girl I knew a while back and we are chatting. She had been an honest to God smokeshow in high school. She had aged very badly. Right in the middle of the conversation, she says "How come you guys still look the same and the girls all look like shit now?" I don't know, Donna, I don't know.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Those redneck girls age really fast. Hot in high school and ready for the scrapyard by age 30. I saw a girl I knew a while back and we are chatting. She had been an honest to God smokeshow in high school. She had aged very badly. Right in the middle of the conversation, she says "How come you guys still look the same and the girls all look like shit now?" I don't know, Donna, I don't know.
its amazing what newports and mad dog 20/20 will do

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Her skin is like a well tanned hide isn’t it ? Bet she had a gravel voice from three packs a day.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Sounds like she was hitting on you.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
And yet you had not one, not two, but three kids. What does that say about you?
I'm not a doctor, but I'd say that means he's had the sex-ors 3 DIFFERENT times (no twins) or it could be aliens.

Scientifically speaking, when a man and woman really love each other, his sperm flops around like an otter:

More than 340 years ago, a Dutchman named Antonie van Leeuwenhoek invented a powerful new compound microscope and accidentally discovered the existence of bacteria, a groundbreaking achievement that changed the course of medicine.
Not long after, he decided to look at his ejaculate -- definitely not an accident -- and discovered tiny, wiggling creatures with tails he dubbed "animalcules."
These creatures "moved forward owing to the motion of their tails like that of a snake or an eel swimming in water," van Leeuwenhoek wrote to the secretary of the UK Royal Society in 1678.
The tail of a man's sperm, he added "lashes with a snakelike movement."

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, who invented the compound microscope, was the first to peer at the movement of human sperm -- his own.

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, who invented the compound microscope, was the first to peer at the movement of human sperm -- his own.
As scientists over the centuries continued to look down from above in their microscopes, there's no doubt of what their eyes saw and recorded on film: Sperm swim by moving their tails from side to side.
Why shouldn't we trust our eyes? So that's what science has believed ever since.

A 'sperm deception'
It turns out our eyes were wrong.
https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/javascript%3Avoid(0)
Now, using state-of-the-art 3D microscopy and mathematics, a new study says we have actually been the victims of "sperm deception."
"Sperm are very cheeky little creatures. Our new research using 3D microscopy shows that we have all been victims of a sperm deception," said study author Hermes Gadelha, head of the Polymaths Laboratory at the University of Bristol's department of engineering mathematics in the UK.
Shown here is a 3D representation of the head of a sperm.

Shown here is a 3D representation of the head of a sperm.
"If you want to see the real beating of the tail, you need to move with the sperm and rotate with the sperm. So it's almost like you needed to make a (camera) really tiny and stick it to the head of the sperm," Gadelha said.
Gadelha's co-authors, Gabriel Corkidi and Alberto Darszon from the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, developed a way to do that. Using state-of-the art tools, including a super-high-speed camera that can record over 55,000 frames a second, the researchers were able to see that the side-to-side movement was actually an optical illusion.
In reality, a sperm's tail lashes on only one side.
That one-sided stroke should cause the sperm to swim in a perpetual circle, Gadelha said. But no, sperm were smarter than that.
"Human sperm figured out if they roll as they swim, much like playful otters corkscrewing through water, their one-sided stroke would average itself out, and they would swim forwards," said Gadelha, who is an expert in the mathematics of fertility.
"The rotation of the sperm is something that is very important. It's something that allows the sperm to regain a symmetry and actually be able to go straight," he said.
Instead of side to side, sperm spin in a corkscrew, which counterbalances the one-way whip of the tail. It's very similar to the way otters spin in the water as they play.

Instead of side to side, sperm spin in a corkscrew, which counterbalances the one-way whip of the tail. It's very similar to the way otters spin in the water as they play.

Surprising science
The findings were a true surprise, Gadelha said, so the team spent nearly two years repeating the experiment and cross-checking the math. The results held: just as the Earth turned out not to be flat, sperm don't really swim like snakes or eels.
This 2D animation of sperm swimming illustrates what is seen by looking through a microscope.

This 2D animation of sperm swimming illustrates what is seen by looking through a microscope.
So why does that matter?
"It could be that the rolling motion hides some subtle aspects about the health of this sperm or how well it can travel quickly," Gadelha said.
"These are all very hypothetical questions. What we hope is that more scientist and fertility experts will become interested and ask, 'OK, how does this influence infertility?'"
As for what it feels like to reverse over 300 years of scientific assumptions, Gadelha is modest.
Get CNN Health's weekly newsletter
Sign up here to get The Results Are In with Dr. Sanjay Gupta every Tuesday from the CNN Health team.
"Oh gosh, I always have a deep feeling inside that I'm always wrong," he said.
"Who knows what we will find next? This is a measurement given by an instrument that has its limitations. We are right at this time, but we could be wrong again as science advances. And hopefully it will be something very exciting that we will learn in the next few years. "

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fuck.....was watching racing on Pinkbike and didn't realize the time. I could be at home drinking beer right now!