Quantcast

FS for dirt jumping

Lanky

Chimp
Feb 8, 2005
Ma
ok here is the deal i have bad knees and my doctor told me today that if I don't want them to become worse I should get a full suspension to jump with to take the pressure off my knees.

I've just started looking at what is out there and wanted to see if any one else out there has any suggestion.

I'm 6'3" 200 lbs. I'm currently on a regular DOC and love the way it rides, so if I can find some thing that ride the same but with around 3 inch of rear travel that would be perfect.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Lanky said:
so if I can find some thing that ride the same but with around 3 inch of rear travel that would be perfect.
talk to dw :D

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
These are all good suggestions. Basically it sounds like you should be looking for a 4X bike. Most short travel bikes are built for xc so even if the angles work out ok, it won't be as burly as you need.

Funny, I was just telling someone I think there is a market for a dirt jump specific FS but it would be something of a new breed. I've been riding my heckler for jumping lately and I love it, but it would be even better with a little less travel. 3" or so, just enough to take the edge off, but still capable of taking a 5" fork. That would be tight.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
yeah, i think there's room for more burly play / dj-oriented short travel bikes. most 4x race frames are on the fragile side to hold up to sustained jumping use, and pricey to boot. the norco 4by looks really good for this application (esp the '04 model); 4" travel, compact, bombproof, and relatively cheap: