Quantcast

FS100 the next best thing

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I am guessing 24" FS100's? I got mine from www.chainreactioncycles.com - a little on the pricy side w/ the shipping and exchange rate but they are pretty good tires.

As far as alternates - Kenda Kiniptions, Specialized has some decent ones - the Compound and Rhthym. The Kenda KRad and Maxxis Holy Roller are always good but don't have as smooth of a tread as the FS100's.

My current setup is a Maxxis Holy Roller 2.4 up front and a Specialized Rythym 2.1 in the back.

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
I need them for a 24" wheel. They have to fit on a Nemesis
Death Mobile. Sorry I for got to post this. Thanks for the help so far.

Edit: I just got back from the bike shop by my house. The guy they sad I should try run the same set up on my bike as he dose. He told me to try a in the front a Schwalbe Table Top 24" x2.25 and in the back a Nokian XXX 24"x 2.3'. What do you all think of this set up.

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
took me a while to track down a pair of 26in tiogas for my ride. but once i did i couldnt have found a better street tire for my bike. word. but since u cant find them....i rode the specialized ones for a while those r sick

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
duece-quad FS100's are the beat. I'll never run anything else out back (well, atm anyway, haha).

Schwalbe TT 2.25 up front is primetime, I'm running that combo'ed up with the FS100 out back and it's perfect for me. SO light, on my scale it was right around 480g!!!!

nokian xxx is heavy, as is most of the DMR offerings and the spec eds too...

You could also rock a Primo DirtMonster, actually a great size and tread pattern IMO, and I always had great luck with them on bmx, but not as smooth as a Kiniption or FS100.