Quantcast

FSA gravity carbon dh bars, thoughts?

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
I"m looking into getting fsa grav carbon dh bars, mostly for freeride/am/dh/dj and was wondering if anyone thought that they are just gonna break vs alloy? neways, let me know what you think of those bars, if i'm gonna do drops and such is it a stupid idea?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Personally, handlebars are probably the last place I want carbon on a DH bike. I understand carbon can be stronger than any aluminum bar but the thing that scares me is that carbon won't bend, it'll just snap. Where as most aluminum bars will bend before they break, to at least give you a heads up.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Personally, handlebars are probably the last place I want carbon on a DH bike. I understand carbon can be stronger than any aluminum bar but the thing that scares me is that carbon won't bend, it'll just snap. Where as most aluminum bars will bend before they break, to at least give you a heads up.
It wouldnt fail catastrophically if some Kevlar is woven in along with the carbon fibers.

ralf007

Chimp
Oct 30, 2007
new zealand
carbon will actuly bend and flex time after time
but when its time to snap, it will snap in a big way