Quantcast

FSRxc Pro BB help Please!!

Jebadiah

Chimp
Mar 22, 2002
Dayton, OH
Here is my problem. I have a (new) 1999 Specialized FSRxc Pro frame that I am having a hard time getting a BB to fit. It originally came with a 73X110 e-type (shimano XTR I think). No one sells a 73X110 e-type at this time. At this time I have LX cranks on it with a non e-type LX 73X113 BB. The chainline is off about 1-2 mm to the drive side but all the gears are useable. The problem is that the left crankarm is less than 1/2 mm away from the cup! I just bought an e-type BB but the only difference between it and the non e-type is that the BB spindle is moved FURTHER to the drive side. If I put it in I would not even be able to attach the left crankarm! Is the XTR BB setup differently? I know they use spacers to be different widths and to go from non e-type to e-type. Does anyone have knowledge on this subject? My LBS, Specialized, Raceface, TrvVativ, FSR all have been no help and I cannot find a number to call for help at Shimano. Thanks in advance.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I have a 2000 FSRxc and I use a 68x113 E-Type BB. It's perfect.

I'm pretty sure that's what you need too. Take a measuring tape and measure the BB shell. I'm pretty sure it's a 68mm and not a 73mm.

Who told you it originally came with a 73x100 BB? It seems like a wrong information to me.

Good luck!
:)