Quantcast

Ft. Lewis riders???

I've seen some guys heading out back behind the stone education center on Ft. Lewis and I know there's trails back there from people I've talked to...

Now that I'm closer to that spot than Victor Falls, and I have base access, is it a fun spot to ride? Has anyone ridden there, what should I expect? I've even heard of some light freeride stuff out there..?

If anyone has ridden there, let me know what it's like por favor! I've got my trail bike(Giant AC1) and I want to ride daily, but don't want to drive 25 min to VF daily..

no, Ft. Lewis, the Army base. there's a spot on base which is located in Lakewood that has a good amount of singletrack. People who have access to Ft. Lewis ride it alot. I've heard of some freeriders building some pretty cool sh!t as well as lots of singletrack to pedal around on. I've also hear rumors of a moma bear and her cubs back in there getting nasty with fellow bikers. I've just never ridden back in there and was wondering what it's like and what not. Someone will chime in...eventually.

girlwhoboards said:
i know of a place that's near steilacoom but sort of on or near the base but you can ride their if you a civilian...either way I'll ride...send me mail.
-Kim
Sup Kim,

Steilacoom park is probably what your thinking of. This place on Ft. Lewis inside the base is supposed to be pretty fun, kind of like a miny victor falls with limited access. My reserve obligation is good through Feb. '05 so will have to hit it up sometime.

EL-Jefe

Chimp
Nov 16, 2004
Hilltop
I used to ride and build on ft lewis but havent been there since last may. I know where everything is at and would like to ride there again but i cant get on post. If anyone who has access to base wants to ride there pm me back

EL-Jefe said:
I used to ride and build on ft lewis but havent been there since last may. I know where everything is at and would like to ride there again but i cant get on post. If anyone who has access to base wants to ride there pm me back
I'll let you know if I head out there before the holidays. If not, I'll try and book mark your pm and drop you a line after board season, or maybe if we get a sun break...

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
There's a cool drop right next to my unit's hanger, and I know of a gravel pit on the back 40 but I have yet to check it out. I know there's some decent riding all around, I dunno about jumps or drops but next time I'm up there maybe I'll check it out.

Bikecrasher

Monkey
Sep 24, 2002
Tacoma, Wa
Yeah, your talking about Miller Hill. There are numerous short trails that you can piece together for a decent but repetitive ride. Not sure if there is anything built up or not. There used to be little bowl off to the south side of the Ed center that had a couple drops into it.

Tacoma Lad

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
tacoma wa
I also built on miller hill and there was some good stuff but I havent been there in a year just ride around and look for anyone with a bike they might let you in on the locations

nails

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
I have ridden miller hill for a couple years now and I have a few projects out there. There is a variety of stuff out there from a 12 footers to pretty long skinnies. If you want to pm me about getting together I'll be happy to show you some of the stuff.