Quantcast

Ft William Live!

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
What the hell Freecaster???

I wanted to watch the podiums and you shut it off after the 4th place woman.

Stop doing that!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Another great race, congrats to greg and the AMERICANS. It's a shame there is not millions to be made in sports broadcasting, because Fabien would be a millionare, he is radio-gold.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Another great race, congrats to greg and the AMERICANS. It's a shame there is not millions to be made in sports broadcasting, because Fabien would be a millionare, he is radio-gold.
agreed, he's excellent! hopefully he keeps going for freecaster, except we'll probably be seeing him higher up on the podiums and he wont be available.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Stunning ride by Josh again.

The others need to get winning because sooner or later they won't stand a chance.

Very pleased for Matti too. He looked killer.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Great for Josh, is that his best ever finish? Happy for you guys having Gwin up there too! Pretty upset Minnaar won (I don't like him for some reason i can't put a finger on) but I suppose it closes the championship up a bit, so not all bad. Ideally I would have liked to have seen Mick win.

Glad I didn't bother staying in to watch the live feed!

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Surprised no one has mentioned Danny Harts result! top 20 for the kid, awesome!

18 Brits in the top 80 aswell, couldn't be ars*d to count any of the other nations but that seems like a shed to me :banana:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Pretty standard for Danny isn't it? I was going to point it out but I always seem to be harping on about him :) IIRC in his 2nd ever world cup, at the age of 16 still, he came 22nd.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
You can see the transponders on every rider's fork leg in the pics. What are they using those for exactly? Anyone know? Surely they'd still be using an electronic gate switch start and photocell finish.

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
not to be all e-speculative or anything...but did anyone notice Sam's been running an SRS instead of an LG1 lately? have anything to do with recent chain losses at the last few world cups?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
The syndicate rules. Out of interest when was the last time an intense was top of the podium?

:poster_oops:
Jill Kintner has won 2 world cups just this season and is the current world cup leader...on an Intense. And Kovarik won the south african world cup opener (test event haha)

(I know, I am reaching)

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
The Dirt TV roundup in on the site... it's actually pretty funny. Greg tapped his sack on his run, Sam is fed up of interviews and Blinky needed a dump for the whole if his run. Priceless stuff.

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
i know this is nerdy. but hey this is ridemonkey. sam b was not wearing his usual leatt brace in his run and then put it on for the podium... pretty odd

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
when is bryn going to put it together in the finals? killed in in qualis, and i dont remember the other results this year but i feel like he has done this a few times this year now. dude is definitely a pinner and due for a good finals showing

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
when is bryn going to put it together in the finals? killed in in qualis, and i dont remember the other results this year but i feel like he has done this a few times this year now. dude is definitely a pinner and due for a good finals showing
I see a lot of Darren Henderson in Bryn (Darren=old time kiwi rider that started it all for new zealand riders) in the way that they both are massive pinners in qualifiers and practice and have some great results, but seem to get distracted or mentally lose it for the finals.

I believe Bryn has only had 3 top 10's in world cup DH since 2003, I know he was top 10 in mont saint anne a couple years ago, he was top 10 in brazil and wasn't he 8th or something in andorra this year? Never been on the world cup podium I don't think. To the average joe these results are extraordinary and amazing...but I think he probably wants more than this. One thing is for sure, he has marketed himself well over his career, is nice to the fans, has a good knowledge of bikes and bike setup so he is golden for his sponsors.

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
I see a lot of Darren Henderson in Bryn (Darren=old time kiwi rider that started it all for new zealand riders) in the way that they both are massive pinners in qualifiers and practice and have some great results, but seem to get distracted or mentally lose it for the finals.

I believe Bryn has only had 3 top 10's in world cup DH since 2003, I know he was top 10 in mont saint anne a couple years ago, he was top 10 in brazil and wasn't he 8th or something in andorra this year? Never been on the world cup podium I don't think. To the average joe these results are extraordinary and amazing...but I think he probably wants more than this. One thing is for sure, he has marketed himself well over his career, is nice to the fans, has a good knowledge of bikes and bike setup so he is golden for his sponsors.

Whoa haven't herd anyone mention Hendi for a loooooong time:cheers:
Hes racing Porsche GT3s here in NZ now,not doing too bad either considering