Quantcast

Ft Worth/Dalls Monkeys....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I recall some of the original monkeys being from Ft Worth/Dallas area but can't remember who. We are making our big move from NC to Tucson next week and I'm planning some road breaks for the kids along the way. I've got something planned for almost every leg of the 5 day trip except for the day we drive from Texarkana to Abilene. We'll be passing through Dallas/Ft Worth just before lunch and I'd like to find an activity, preferably outdoors, where we can get the wiggles out of the kids and let the dogs stretch their legs. I'll have about an hour and a half to "play", not including lunch.

I would have posted this in the texas forum but it seems pretty dead in there.

Any ideas Texans?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Avoid DFW and take US40 to Amarillo instead. Way friendlier town and you avoid the traffic in DFW. Stop at the Caddilac ranch and let the kids and dogs go nuts. The Hoffbrau is a very kid friendly and is on the west side of Amarillo and a easy on and off of us40.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Avoid DFW and take US40 to Amarillo instead. Way friendlier town and you avoid the traffic in DFW. Stop at the Caddilac ranch and let the kids and dogs go nuts. The Hoffbrau is a very kid friendly and is on the west side of Amarillo and a easy on and off of us40.
You're drunk.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Too late to change the route and it adds several hours. We are driving between 6-8 hours per day, not including gas/food/fun stops. It's 2080 miles and can't be done in less than 5 days without having to be on the road for over 12 hours per day. 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a 26' moving truck with a car trailer and 60 mph max speed makes for slow travel.

Can any locals recommend a good local park where the dogs can run?

We made it to my aunts house in Nashville tonight:

Last edited:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
We ended up at Trinity Park in Ft Worth. It was a pretty nice park and I even managed to take the dog for a good run. Now we are off to the sherwood skatepark in Odessa, TX on the way to El Paso tomorrow.