Quantcast

***FTS DST GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Going phat biking again. A buddy working at the rental place is going to slip a bike out the back for me. But I have to wait until 3 for that.

That's a lot of time for coffee.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hi all. Working 5-10 pm today for fun and profit. Actually, scratch the former: just for profit.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm in Oslo right now as there were no direct flight with Norwegian from Stockholm this weekend. Its gray and boring and most of the airport is being renovated but I have computer and free Internet so its all good.

I really hope I can close a job with an agency I have met with 3 times now. Office is in the center of Copenhagen, nice vibe at the office and they work with a lot of good clients. They did not smile enough when I stated my salary which though. Tough transition from NYC salary levels.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Still colder than a polar bear's nuts out there. I ran 10 miles on the treadmill this morning. There are four people in my basement right now pedaling on bike trainers. Soon as they finish the hell up, we're going out for overpriced designer hamburgers. YUMMEH.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. DST is here and with it the after work riding season, yay! I'd prefer having DST killed only if New England is also moved to the Atlantic time zone, which is not going to happen.

I am not ready for 20+ inches of snow next week this late in spring (we won't see rideabru dirt for weeks) yet that's what is coming. Now 13F outside and the motivation to do anything sensible is low.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
They did not smile enough when I stated my salary which though. Tough transition from NYC salary levels.
Having universal health care must soften that blow, right? (Although the tax rates are probably much higher... ?)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I'm in Oslo right now as there were no direct flight with Norwegian from Stockholm this weekend. Its gray and boring and most of the airport is being renovated but I have computer and free Internet so its all good.

I really hope I can close a job with an agency I have met with 3 times now. Office is in the center of Copenhagen, nice vibe at the office and they work with a lot of good clients. They did not smile enough when I stated my salary which though. Tough transition from NYC salary levels.
Salary shmalary, quality of life is what matters and I am quite sure Denmark >>> NY. You'll be kicking yourself for not having done that years ago.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Salary shmalary, quality of life is what matters and I am quite sure Denmark >>> NY. You'll be kicking yourself for not having done that years ago.
if americans didn't bitch/brag about their rate of compensation on the internet...the internet would be a lonelier place...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yes, I am sure quality of life with a family will be much better. I also get a huge tax break the first 5 years. Staying in New York has been great and has given us a insane amount of equity in our apartment. I think the timing is just about perfect. What is most important for me will be getting the right job much more than salary.

@Toshi I think over time the cost of living will be lower in Denmark when you have kids. Free healthcare and free university.

I am also looking at buying a house with two rental units so we can more or less live rent free which should make a huge difference too.

Fingers crossed guys!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Going phat biking again. A buddy working at the rental place is going to slip a bike out the back for me. But I have to wait until 3 for that.
Is probably for the best anyways, it's cold as hell out there now. Things should warm up a bit by 3.

I went out for a ride at a buddy's place. He invited us to come over with our broods for brunch. The plan was for the guys to do a small ride, and make brunch when we got back. I went with my wife and two kids. She was the only wife who came, so the two of them were overseeing 8 kids... And it turns out my buddy only told his wife about his plan last night! Oops!

The riding was cool though. Despite it being below 4F, the snow was old and hard so you could ride anywhere, you didn't have to stick to the trail. It was pretty trippy riding through the forest over the all that smooth surface. I'd give it a 8/10, would bang again.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Super windy on the western plains. Made for a cold time walking around the Chrysler dealer's parking lot--I wanted to test drive a Pacifica, but clearly that didn't happen.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Just got back from Durham visiting my nephew born last week. 9 lbs 4 oz. I learned that it's kind of funny when a one week old grunts his face and let's out a huge fart followed by a shart. Apparently my wife told me this behavior is unacceptable from me. WTF? No riding was had this weekend. Me thinks the tradeoff was worth it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just took kiddo out to the Village for his first day snowboarding there. He did great...we rode the gondolas and did a bunch of pretty steep runs (for him). Fun to have a little shredding buddy...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
We took the fatbikes down one of the "downhill" trails. It was slow and holy poop did it ever suck pedaling that thing up to the top of the ridge, but it was a blast trying to hold on coming back down.

The sky was nice and blue today. Unfortunately it sounds like more snow is coming. :(

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Just got back from Durham visiting my nephew born last week. 9 lbs 4 oz. I learned that it's kind of funny when a one week old grunts his face and let's out a huge fart followed by a shart. Apparently my wife told me this behavior is unacceptable from me. WTF? No riding was had this weekend. Me thinks the tradeoff was worth it.
Congrats!!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yes, I am sure quality of life with a family will be much better. I also get a huge tax break the first 5 years. Staying in New York has been great and has given us a insane amount of equity in our apartment. I think the timing is just about perfect. What is most important for me will be getting the right job much more than salary.

@Toshi I think over time the cost of living will be lower in Denmark when you have kids. Free healthcare and free university.

I am also looking at buying a house with two rental units so we can more or less live rent free which should make a huge difference too.

Fingers crossed guys!
Have you learned nothing from Donald Trump? Healthcare and education are not free in Denmark, they are compulsary. Without the option of no Healthcare or higher education how will your children know freedom?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I am nearing 70% through this shift. 4 CTs, 6 ultrasounds, 36 plain radiographs.

:notbadobama:

Looks like the wife-bot is getting the kids to sleep in acceptable form, too.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
We took the fatbikes down one of the "downhill" trails. It was slow and holy poop did it ever suck pedaling that thing up to the top of the ridge, but it was a blast trying to hold on coming back down.

The sky was nice and blue today. Unfortunately it sounds like more snow is coming. :(
That looks cold..