Quantcast

>*<FTS fridag GMT>*<

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
fresh cup of coffee from the local roaster. fresh bag of beans from them too. brought the presso to work as it came up the other day and a few people wanna try it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Free donuts at Cumberland Farms this morning which means it's fucking DONUT THIRTY! I got my coffee and the clerk asked if I wanted a free donut, and I'm like wtf kind of stupid question is that, of course I want a free donut. Jesus Christ.

Anyway, I was up early for a 5.25 mile run. Wife also had to run so we drove to the rail trail, but she planned on running ~3 miles so I had to run faster than I would have liked in order to minimize the amount of time she had to wait for me to finish. She waited about 10 minutes.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Hope to hit some of our underground gnar this w/e, no rain for the past 4 days means I should be able to survive Modulotron, DaBomb and T'es pas Game.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Was planning on going away this weekend, but the hotel in the destination town sold out while I was fucking typing out my credit card number.

What the balls man. What are the chances that a room frees up?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Got a molar that's been really bugging me for a while now. Afraid it might be time to buy someone else a bike. :disgust:
fuck work and toxic people turning it to hell
I've realized recently that I'm a lot happier over at the gate at work. Pretty much the only difference is the people. For what ever reason, the barley above minimum wage bag throwers are a SIGNIFICANTLY happier group of folks than the hangar monkeys and boy does it make a difference. Holy balls is the hangar fucking toxic.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:

Got a molar that's been really bugging me for a while now. Afraid it might be time to buy someone else a bike. :disgust:

I've realized recently that I'm a lot happier over at the gate at work. Pretty much the only difference is the people. For what ever reason, the barley above minimum wage bag throwers are a SIGNIFICANTLY happier group of folks than the hangar monkeys and boy does it make a difference. Holy balls is the hangar fucking toxic.
back when i was in college there was a guy who was part of our core riding group. he was generally a good dude. he went through a nasty breakup, and just turned into a miserable shit. it got to the point we'd organize rides without him. we started referring to him as the Poison of Life. at first behind his back, and eventually to his face. this guy talked shit on everything, i mean he once talked shit about a fucking hoagie it was so bad. eventually after a while he realized he wasn't being included and was like wtf. we all laid it out for him that he just turned into a miserable shit who we just didn't wanna be around. he had no idea. then again, he started doing a bunch of blow after the breakup, so once he realized what was up he started pulling his shit together.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

What little we saw of Portland was neat, especially the Japanese garden. That place rules. So did Salt&Straw which contends for the best ice cream I've ever had, and I've had a lot.

Back to the coast now and into Washington later. Only have a few weeks in the state before we have to boogie, so it's time to make the most of it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
On the phone with IT again; now at 8hrs this week. I have a big presentation next week that I need to prep for still and after backing out how long it will take me to get put together, there is no way I can get it done today. I need to get all of the plan specifics laid out in advance properly - 1hr. I am using a new program for the presentation, so I need to take a training on how to use it - 1hr. Then I need to put together the presentation - 2hr. And because it's a new client for me, I need to confirm every piece of information going into the presentation- 1.5hr (legal documents and working with my next sr on the client). I also have to get the presentation approved by compliance which has to be submitted with time for them to go through it today. I really dislike Outlook right now.

Going to Garth Brooks tomorrow and running errands for the rest of the weekend. Whistler trip is planned and ready to go. I need to ride my bike now to get ready.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Garth Brooks is not normal country. I fucking disdain the vast majority of country, but he's a proper showman and his songs are NOT bible thumping, 'Murica loving, hick promoting shit. He's from the point when country and rock were a blend, not this pop-country shit.
Kill.

List.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Dump day mañana. got lots more pine needles to bag up tonight.
buying a trailer later for $30. what could go wrong?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
this day is slow and dumb.

been feeling particularly unmotivated since last friday, when i learned i did not get the internal promotion to chief curator. trying to look on the bright side, which means i will be able to focus time more on my projects, attend fewer meetings, and still get paid the same. person they hired will take over contemporary art from me, and myself and the other senior curator both move off of the senior leadership team.

fuck it, time for lunchbeers.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
not sure if i dislike the bro dozer crowd or the hippy stoner crowd more . . .
I live in Golden, not far from the Red Rocks venue. A few years back Widespread Panic was playing 2 or 3 nights in a row and the town was overrun by dirty hippies. I was having a beer at the local brewery and joked "Q: whats red and orange and goes great with a Widespread Panic concert?" .... "A: a fire!"

I made no new barefooted friends that day :D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
en feeling particularly unmotivated since last friday, when i learned i did not get the internal promotion to chief curator. trying to look on the bright side, which means i will be able to focus time more on my projects, attend fewer meetings, and still get paid the same. person they hired will take over contemporary art from me, and myself and the other senior curator both move off of the senior leadership team.
Sorry to hear. Fuck them if they can't recognize the best talent for the job!
(my own mantra for the past 12 months)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
been feeling particularly unmotivated since last friday, when i learned i did not get the internal promotion to chief curator. trying to look on the bright side, which means i will be able to focus time more on my projects, attend fewer meetings, and still get paid the same. person they hired will take over contemporary art from me, and myself and the other senior curator both move off of the senior leadership team.
Who knows? This might be a lesson learned after the fact for them. Losing two senior curators might have substantial ripple effects?