Quantcast

>>FTS Friderp GMT<<

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
How dare you dump coffee!

Woke up early today, so I'm going to try going in early to work and attempt this leaving early thing again..

Happy Friday wooooo

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Goin' out for steak tomorrow evening? :brows:
Before it got another title added to it, it was always Pi day. 3/14/15 is an especially auspicious one.

bring your bike, hit Palmer Park on the way home.
My only riding these days is from home to work and back. 29"er has been emasculated with semi-slick tires. :D I guess I could pretend that they are super-racer-boi for fast rolling on buffed trails…

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got in my first hard ride of the year yesterday. On the road as all trails are in a quagmirish state. Felt great, somehow managed to average the same speed as when I was in good shape. 20lbs overweight made the climbs slow but fat seems to make power in the flats.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Before it got another title added to it, it was always Pi day. 3/14/15 is an especially auspicious one.

My only riding these days is from home to work and back. 29"er has been emasculated with semi-slick tires. :D I guess I could pretend that they are super-racer-boi for fast rolling on buffed trails…
Your name is "year" in Japanese?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
This has been a long ass week. Cranky child, after hour call outs for work 3 times this week and no sleep. At least grandma and grandpa are watching the mini-me tonight so the wife and I can go out and sleep in tomorrow. I will try not to punch anyone today.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I am just not having a good week. I was all excited to get to work on this project the way I thought it should be done only to be told no, we are only doing it slightly different than last time. I did have a coffee meeting with a recruiter. She mentioned she met someone from my company looking to hire her company as an internal firm. She mentioned he was one of the most socially awkward people she had ever met. He asked the most random questions and the whole conversation felt forced. I asked her if it was my old boss because it sounded just like him, and of course it was. Sad to say while he might be the most awkward person here, he is at home in this sea of awkward engineers.

I have been in engineering for nearly 20 years now and this group tops it when it comes to folks who have no idea what a good time is.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning Monkeys.

I am just not having a good week. I was all excited to get to work on this project the way I thought it should be done only to be told no, we are only doing it slightly different than last time. I did have a coffee meeting with a recruiter. She mentioned she met someone from my company looking to hire her company as an internal firm. She mentioned he was one of the most socially awkward people she had ever met. He asked the most random questions and the whole conversation felt forced. I asked her if it was my old boss because it sounded just like him, and of course it was. Sad to say while he might be the most awkward person here, he is at home in this sea of awkward engineers.

I have been in engineering for nearly 20 years now and this group tops it when it comes to folks who have no idea what a good time is.

The owner of my company is a pretty fun guy. He put on a summer party last year, full bar, gas powered blender, the works. It was the most boring event ever. The first company I worked for would trash the hell out of hotels during our holiday parties. We got banned from one bar during a team building exercise. My boss considered getting hammered and smashing beer bottles to be team building.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My last company had a 3 day trip to Tahoe. The CEO got so hammered at the company dinner, he missed the VIP party we had in the club afterwards.

What sucks is the group in Brisbane is what I like. Small, smart, fun. Beers at lunch, beers after work, because you actually like the folks you work with. I can't wait to leave the office each day here, its painful. But I can't relocate to Brisbane, so I can only work vicariously through them.