Quantcast

%%@ FTS Friderp GMT@%%

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
My buddy and I got into a little fun last night at our local ski hill. We carried the bikes most of the way up a steep hiking trail till we hit the auto road, pedaled to the summit, had a beer, took some pictures, and then this happened:
His camera:

My camera:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Snowy morning in Brewster MA. I hope the massholes can keep it together long enough for me to get outta here on my 3 O'clock flight.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
snow here, but roads are clear. people aren't driving like it though.

last night i tidied up the garage so i could park in it again. turn kids car seat around so it faces forward. then tidied up the workshop. got some luponic distortion last night series #4. so good i had 6 of them. and a trip to the shed

sausage biscuit sammich for breakfast. hot strong coffee. boss is off today, so i foresee leaving early.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Auto maintenance night from hell last night. Went to install my newly-painted diff covers. Prepped, RTV'd and installed front cover. Prepped, RTV'd and installed rear cover.......fuck, 1 bolt short. Search EVERYWHERE.....nowhere to be found. Garage floor, outside, workbench. Nowhere. Fearing the unimaginable, I pull both covers back off to ensure it didn't somehow fall into one of the differentials. Not there. Clean up the mess and say F it for the night, and as I grab my worklight, I see a nail in my tire, cause why wouldn't there be a nail in my tire after all this? Figured plugging it is no big deal, right? Wrong. Trying to plug a massive mud tire was like trying to pass a toothpick through a plate of steel. Finally got it to go, taking out 1/2 the skin on my finger in the process.

Worst. Night. Ever.

\Jeeps

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Auto maintenance night from hell last night. Went to install my newly-painted diff covers. Prepped, RTV'd and installed front cover. Prepped, RTV'd and installed rear cover.......fuck, 1 bolt short. Search EVERYWHERE.....nowhere to be found. Garage floor, outside, workbench. Nowhere. Fearing the unimaginable, I pull both covers back off to ensure it didn't somehow fall into one of the differentials. Not there. Clean up the mess and say F it for the night, and as I grab my worklight, I see a nail in my tire, cause why wouldn't there be a nail in my tire after all this? Figured plugging it is no big deal, right? Wrong. Trying to plug a massive mud tire was like trying to pass a toothpick through a plate of steel. Finally got it to go, taking out 1/2 the skin on my finger in the process.

Worst. Night. Ever.

\Jeeps
Its a jeep thing?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Snow no show but it's cold and windy, not sure I will ride this evening. Uber cold and windy this weekend. Gotta buy some beers.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning. Snow no show but it's cold and windy, not sure I will ride this evening. Uber cold and windy this weekend. Gotta buy some beers.
i stocked up yesterday. in addition the the firestone, i got a 12 sampler from heavy seas brewing, largely because it contained an imperial ESB.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
turn kids car seat around so it faces forward.
I bought an extended rear facing car seat (well, four of them, two for each of the kids in each car) as my kids are both up against the height limit for most rear facing seats rather than the weight. These will be good until 40 lbs, which, for Mariko, may well be another 2 years. She's 28 lbs and 37.x" now, iirc.

In other news it's 28 and kind of damp out. It was a mistake to ride in with shorts on even though it'll warm up to over 70 this afternoon.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I bought an extended rear facing car seat (well, four of them, two for each of the kids in each car) as my kids are both up against the height limit for most rear facing seats rather than the weight. These will be good until 40 lbs, which, for Mariko, may well be another 2 years. She's 28 lbs and 37.x" now, iirc.
my kid is 40lbs and right around 36 / 37". just turned 2.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Idle day today, I should go see the chiropractor for a proper back pop. Maybe stop by my buddies shop to say hi. Last time I was there he had traded his way up to a $35k '58 Impala that was simply to die for and was thinking of selling it already. He's an ass and a hell of a horse trader. He'll start with a $3k Honda Civic he got at auction for $500 and end up with something wicked in 3 months. He ended up with 2 fully built out Jeeps last time. :rofl:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Gear packed for jam session later tonight.

Gotta love coworkers who get on the same elevator as you, but won't look up from their phone long enough to acknowledge you are there.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
my kid is 40lbs and right around 36 / 37". just turned 2.
Whisper to him while sleeping that mommy and daddy will disappointed in him unless he plays in the NFL and supports them financially.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
LET'S SHOW SOME HUSTLE, PEOPLE!

45 minute straight swim before work, meaning no stopping. 2350 yards. I've got a 5K race tomorrow and it will be the coldest of my five races so far this year. WTF it's the middle of March. Shooting for a sub-20 race time. Sub-19 would be even better.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Had been looking forward to sneaking out early to ride today after a brutal week. Alas 5pm meeting has been called. Fuck me. I see no choice but to drown my sorrows in all the beers tonight...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Gear packed for jam session later tonight.

Gotta love coworkers who get on the same elevator as you, but won't look up from their phone long enough to acknowledge you are there.
I bet they'd look if you drop a loud, wet, rancid fart. Try it next time and be sure not to break eye contact once they do look up.