Quantcast

$$$FTS Friderp gmt$$$

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
FTS is high. Going to get a few emails off then take today off to work on my bench. Admin sent off a marketing email yesterday from my email (she's allowed to freely) to a plan with something like 14k people in it. I came home from the ride to a lot of unsubscribe responses that I don't want to deal with, so I have to filter through that shit to find any actual emails. Oh well, beginning of a 5-day weekend.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Got a shitload of office work done yesterday. Today is a light day so I will do some work in the garage: rain is forecast for today for the 19th day in a row.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
After nine months of negotiation, we just got a signed agreement to restore bike access at my local spot. Lots of trail work to do to reopen the trails, but at least we're back. I haven't ridden my mtb since last October, this should be interesting.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Camp Mack scout reservation in northern Lancaster/southern Lebanon counties in PA. The Trailforks region is still unpublished until we reopen the trails, or I'd post a link.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Mustered the motivation to ride yesterday and did not regret it. Had multiple unplanned departures from the saddle, but owing to my flat pedals, I just jumped off and walked away unscathed.

And now I shall casually work for the rest of the day.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
i'd heard there was some fuckery afoot, care to share any details?
We were kicked out last year. Riders not respecting the dates it was closed during hunting season was mostly the issue.

Since then, trails have grown in since they haven't been trimmed all year, and some areas were logged, and trails need to be restored from varying levels of destruction.

We have a bunch of new signage planned, and some parts or the property (just gravel roads through the main camp) will be permanently off limits to bikes and marked as such. Hoping that helps.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wooo last day at work for a week.

Boo last day at work for a week. It means it'll for sure be a jammed packed day of bullshit because OH NOOOOO heaven forbid someone takes time off and your tickets get paused for a week.:rolleyes:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday in full swing. My usual 2 meetings today then off to the Xmas tree farm for a nice weekend.

Still no word on the pressing customer issue so I will assume it's handled until someone screams otherwise. This is my last day as a temp, so I shall enjoy the lack of core responsibilities for one more day as I will start cracking skulls on Monday.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
it looks like my tire inserts from the UK are on track to be delivered before spokes ordered from the US (georgia). both items ordered the same day.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Put a tube in first, inflate, remove tube with one side seated, profit?
ain't no way i'm unseating the tire unless it's ded. ex471s + dd casing are super tough to mount.

got it first try this time. i think the bead was leaning in far enough that it blocked the valve exit. when i squeezed the tire above the valve, it let in enough to seat it right away. hadn't even taken a sip of beer yet!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all! I blitz-"rode" Deer Crik this morning. That was fun.

On a call wearing a jacket wrapped in a blanket trying to avoid turning the heat on.
Menopause is a bitch, I hear

DMV is closed today, so no getting the Sprinter registered. But, I did get the pop-up posted for sale this morning, so that's awesome.

Never know if stuff like this should go in the GMT or the Campers thread.
I'll give you three fiddy, a broken XBox, and a bag of unsorted loose change

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ain't no way i'm unseating the tire unless it's ded. ex471s + dd casing are super tough to mount.

got it first try this time. i think the bead was leaning in far enough that it blocked the valve exit. when i squeezed the tire above the valve, it let in enough to seat it right away. hadn't even taken a sip of beer yet!
hand clamps.