Quantcast

@@@ FTS Middle GMT@@@

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Was sick last week. Pissed off about no training. Now I'm kinda better but still can't lose the bug enough to justify going back to destroying my body. It's annoying.

Also I have unknowingly applied for a very high level possition in our corp. Getting an interview today. Can't think about nothing else so I'm full of coffee, Adderall and nervous energy.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Oh, hai. Two inches of snow last night and so the entire state is opening two hours late roffl, which is fine because it makes for a quiet commute. I did sleep late this morning in lieu of a morning workout, which I have been doing a lot lately, and I can't seem to find my give a fuck. After three marathons and an Ironman this year, I am letting myself be lazy now.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
There is a special place in hell for kind of person who spits their fluorescent yellow chewed gum onto a urinal mat in an office building you work in day in and day out. As in, you come back in the next life as a urinal mat that someone spits their fluorescent yellow chewed gum onto.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Burn out is real. :dead:
Working, getting my windshield replaced this morning then meeting a buddy to talk about a ski trip to Silverton.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
cawfeeeeeee.
dreamt I ran a ultra trail marathon last night & woke up with tired legs.
melatonin dreams are wild man!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Nissan dealership waiting for the truck to get an oil change, WIFI isn't supporting my remote Citrix connection.

This is limiting my ability to work, ho hum.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
cawfeeeeeee.
dreamt I ran a ultra trail marathon last night & woke up with tired legs.
melatonin dreams are wild man!
i was thinking about ultra marathons last night after working out. specifically because i was super tired and worked out anyways, and was wondering how those folks half sleep while running.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I wish I could get high for the rest of the year. All my projects have been assigned zero budget for the next year. I am having advanced rounds of jerb interviews for the rest of the week, but they keep changing dates and times on me and give me preciously little time to focus and prepare. I hate to be in a position of depending on a Hail Mary job offer but that's where I am.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Dog woke up at 4:10 this morning, not happy. Trying to teach her no barking before the coffee maker fires off at 4:20. But at least it wasn't 3:30 like yesterday. Ugh.

Only a week and a half until 2 weeks off. While I would like to work because I like money, the break will be nice as I have a few projects that I need to wrap up before end of year.

#goals

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
There is a special place in hell for kind of person who spits their fluorescent yellow chewed gum onto a urinal mat in an office building you work in day in and day out. As in, you come back in the next life as a urinal mat that someone spits their fluorescent yellow chewed gum onto.
I’ve seen hard candy wrappers, like from a mint, in the urinal at my gym. Dude, bro. There’s a trash can 5 feet away. That shit don’t flush. What next? A duke?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Rode my bike into work. Cold feet. (I tried the Lake shoes that JK recommended but their narrow profile and my wide feet did not get along well at all, nosiree.)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Burn out is real. :dead:
Working, getting my windshield replaced this morning then meeting a buddy to talk about a ski trip to Silverton.
Guided or unguided? Heli or no-heli? :brows:

I wish I could get high for the rest of the year.
I believe in you. You CAN get high the rest of the year... you just gotta believe in YOURSELF. :drag:

On a related note - got some really tasty chocolate yesterday, and while I was cutting it up into 5mg chunks, some of the edges shattered on the cutting board, so I tossed the shards down the hatch.

Kind of turned out to be a fun mistake. :homer:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I believe in you. You CAN get high the rest of the year... you just gotta believe in YOURSELF. :drag:

On a related note - got some really tasty chocolate yesterday, and while I was cutting it up into 5mg chunks, some of the edges shattered on the cutting board, so I tossed the shards down the hatch.

You’re a towel.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rode my bike into work. Cold feet. (I tried the Lake shoes that JK recommended but their narrow profile and my wide feet did not get along well at all, nosiree.)
Lake 303's come in a wide version, I think they've been superseded by the 304 version now, also available in wide.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Lake 303's come in a wide version, I think they've been superseded by the 304 version now, also available in wide.
I am pretty sure I tried the wide. I am not one to fit products designed for the 95th percentile of whatever parameter, whether head circumference, torso length, or foot width.

I am an animal, basically.

(My ski boots required many hours of work by Larry up in Boulder! 104 mm last wasn't nearly wide enough.)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I am pretty sure I tried the wide. I am not one to fit products designed for the 95th percentile of whatever parameter, whether head circumference, torso length, or foot width.

I am an animal, basically.

(My ski boots required many hours of work by Larry up in Boulder! 104 mm last wasn't nearly wide enough.)
th.jpg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
tired, trucks at the DPW idling all night kept me up. Had a weird dream prior which didn't help. Missed my morning spin class (PELOTON HUH) and have a xmas party tonight for the new jerb. Looks like even more people from my last job have left, so maybe I really did make a good decision.

Another milestone from the last place I worked at didn't hurt either.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

:mad:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well, methinks I will be faced with this choice shortly.

Job 1:
Contract, 12 months, big company
20K higher pay
15 minutes shorter commute
Dogshit healthcare
No 401K match
1 week PTO

Job 2:
Full time, small company
Longer commute
Company covered medical
Quarterly bonuses
401k match
3 weeks PTO

Hmm. Decisions decisions.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Well, methinks I will be faced with this choice shortly.

Job 1:
Contract, 12 months, big company
20K higher pay
15 minutes shorter commute
Dogshit healthcare
No 401K match
1 week PTO

Job 2:
Full time, small company
Longer commute
Company covered medical
Quarterly bonuses
401k match
3 weeks PTO

Hmm. Decisions decisions.
you don't want to be back in this search mode in 9 months, take job 2 and ask for a bit more cash.