Quantcast

***FTS MONDAY GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
how olds ya kid? i keep threatening to take ours but i don't want to spend 90$ for three runs.
This is where magic carpet rides come in handy... Kids ride for $5, and adults for $10. So it's a cheap way to gauge their interest. My eldest is 6. I took him there for the first time at 3. Each year I took him out at least 2x to see if he liked it. It took till this year for it to hook him in.

I also brought along my 4 yo on Saturday. He liked skiing while I held him, so I'm going to try and dig up a hoolahoop or the harness my buddy gave me. That should save my back...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This is where magic carpet rides come in handy... Kids ride for $5, and adults for $10. So it's a cheap way to gauge their interest. My eldest is 6. I took him there for the first time at 3. Each year I took him out at least 2x to see if he liked it. It took till this year for it to hook him in.

I also brought along my 4 yo on Saturday. He liked skiing while I held him, so I'm going to try and dig up a hoolahoop or the harness my buddy gave me. That should save my back...
my local podunk mt doesn't have a magic carpet, but kids under 5 are free. they also have a beginner area lift ticket that is about $10 cheaper than a regular ticket. bonus is that its half hour away. its not great, but its something, and would be a good spot to learn.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Finished a class on agonal breathing and other breathing problems and how to react and begin treatments etc etc. Now I am certified to react to these situations, not sure if I want this type of responsibility.

Was a good class actually, glad I took it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I still get a chuckle out of emails like this.

Dear Beneficiary,

We hope this notification arrives meeting your good health and mind.Series of meetings have been held over the past 7 months with the secretary general of the United Nations Organization. This ended 3 days ago...
It met my good health and mind perfectly, thanks for asking. The FBI really does care. :rofl:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
That's useful stuff. The one guy for whom I did CPR out in the field was doing agonal breaths with no pulse after collapsing on a volley ball court near where we park to go ride. 3 people were standing doing nothing because hey if he's breathing, then he can't be dead right?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
do you have a little podunk mt nearby?
yeah, there are two near enough. One is $30 for a kid's rental, and $25 for a beginner area ticket.

The other is $10 for the kid and $21 for me, plus whatever her rentals cost, maybe $35. It's just tough to justify $50 for her and another $25 for me to ride the magic carpet for what might be like three times. I'd love it if they did a "teach your kid to ski" thing for like $40 and gave you all you needed for 2hr on the bunny slope. I've got to call and clarify I suppose.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I am the baby whisperer, and got Yuna to nap. I therefore got a bit of febrile "rest", too.

I'm going to chill in the passenger seat on the drive to Winter Park later, since I have legit postural hypotension today (almost passing out when going to stand).

Oh, I also got an interview trip request, just a business day after my phone screen call on Friday. I guess I didn't say anything too controversial. They want to fly me out next week, which means abusing sick time in all likelihood.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
9" at the Village this AM, got in two hours of joy. Started a '21 day fix' type diet with the whole family today. No sugar, no carbs, that sort of thing. At least I can eat leftover Thai curry. Even the 9 year old wants to lose a little weight.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Set up on the corner of Morrison and Naito and folks were flooding in. By noon it was packed from the waterfront all the way to 3rd and as far as the eye could see down either side of Naito.
Our group was standing right on the same corner...with like 1000 other people. What a day! Excellent vibe..

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Our group was standing right on the same corner...with like 1000 other people. What a day! Excellent vibe..
There was a gal with a larger stroller in front of the light pole in front of the hotel. I was able to position the wheelchair enough to discourage folks from trying to squeeze by on her right (bad leg) side. There were a lot of people trying to leave the waterfront area via Morrison prior to the actual start.

What a pain in my ass, yet so worth it and it was awesome to witness.

I was soaked by the time we got back to the car.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Had lunch with my friends Nonna. Thin, thin crispy Chicken Cutlets, flatbreads with tuna, onion, peperoncino. She made mortadella, ricotta, and pistachio pesto ones also. Tuna on crusty bread with oil is my new love. Gnocchi and peppers fried in Olive oil and spicy breadcrumbs with Sardines on top.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Had lunch with my friends Nonna. Thin, thin crispy Chicken Cutlets, flatbreads with tuna, onion, peperoncino. She made mortadella, ricotta, and pistachio pesto ones also. Tuna on crusty bread with oil is my new love. Gnocchi and peppers fried in Olive oil and spicy breadcrumbs with Sardines on top.
image.jpeg