Quantcast

+-FTS Monday+-

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
any of you nerds here follow the russia doping scandal? ie the McLaren report etc? the saga continues, russia was banned from the olympics and other world championship sports (including world cup soccer)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Rainy and generally a miserable start to the week.
:stupid:

hit a patch of ice on the path on the commute in. at the bottom of a hill, after a corner, on an off-camber section. studs on the tires are only on the edges, not in the centre, so it was a case of slide-catch-slide-catch-slide-catch... very pucker-inducing indeed!

kids each woke up with nightmares last night, and one of them mulled around for about an hour, driving everyone crazy. i had to threaten him to kick him outside for him to stay in bed. fuck am I tired today.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Baby slept all night after being successfully calmed by me around 10 pm. Not working today, but that’s for dentist visits for all in the family but said baby.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Saturday was awesome at the indoor park. Lil Man loved the mountain bike line because it has a bunch of bumpy ladder bridges and some 8+ foot high roll ins. Bman now has a bike and the park is only 15 minutes away. So I really hope they start riding together.

The dog needs to go for a ride as bad as I do. We will ride next weekend.

FTS Monderp

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Sick at home with a bad cold. :(
I could avoid all those germ-ridden people until last week where we had a work retreat to "bond". Sure enough some came badly sneezing and coughing...thanks, you are on my kill list now! :butcher:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Hello all. Favorable results from my work physical on Thursday. Dropped from 27% body fat to 18% as well as putting on a little over 7lbs of muscle. Results all came back good for blood and and all that. Definitely improved my VO2 max as well as every other test they had for me. Feeling really good lately, but it's nice to have some quantifiable data to look at. Big improvements from last year, but which is essentially from the last 4ish months. The two best things are my riding improving, mainly being able to climb more and faster without dying, and just not looking like a complete fat ass anymore.

Anywho, had planned on taking the kids to Legoland yesterday, but got rained out on that. I might just call in sick tomorrow and take them to Knott's instead with the gratis admission.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:stupid:

hit a patch of ice on the path on the commute in. at the bottom of a hill, after a corner, on an off-camber section. studs on the tires are only on the edges, not in the centre, so it was a case of slide-catch-slide-catch-slide-catch... very pucker-inducing indeed!

kids each woke up with nightmares last night, and one of them mulled around for about an hour, driving everyone crazy. i had to threaten him to kick him outside for him to stay in bed. fuck am I tired today.
How bad is the weather over that way?

Its bullshit down here. I hate to say it, but the fat biking was awesome on the weekend and last Wednesday. Perfect snow and not too cold.

Now we're back to stupid rain, melting snow and mud pits.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
How bad is the weather over that way?

Its bullshit down here. I hate to say it, but the fat biking was awesome on the weekend and last Wednesday. Perfect snow and not too cold.

Now we're back to stupid rain, melting snow and mud pits.
... the fat biking was awesome on the weekend... Now we're back to stupid rain, melting snow and mud pits.

I think this is the third thaw from proper accumulation we've had this season. I've had at least 4 pretty good fatbike rides followed by skinny rides, followed by no rides. I think it's supposed to get properly cold, with possible flurries starting tonight. :fingerscrossed:

I like having distinct seasons, and early fall is probably my favourite time of year to ride, but this in-between bullshit is a real bummer, especially when it lasts this long - it's been pretty much all of November, and now well into December so far. Usually it's about 10 days or so...

Last edited: