Quantcast

>>>FTS Monderp gee em tee<<<

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
This was supposed to the rescheduled Boston Marathon day. You guys would have been able to kill some time tracking/stalking my progress online during work hours. Sad!! Hopefully next year.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Shall ultrasound today. Will be chill.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
this mornings espresso was extra tasty. got some new beans, nothing fancy, but something specific for espresso machines, so roasted and mixed as such.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Unpossible.
yes there is. When I worked for Casio the Big Boss came in from Japan. We went to this unmarked Japanese restaurant in San Jose. near the end of the meal they brought out a 3'x4' tray of sushi. there were only 9 of us. The had to be over 250 pieces on it. Half way through we were stuffed. then the head guy says we must honor host and eat all of it. with a 3rd left we are dying. He looks at me and George and says you two are big, you finish. it was the sushi version of the cool hand Luke hard boiled egg eating contest only with Conch and Octopus sushi . George and I did it. I thought I was going to hurl, I ate 80+ pieces of sushi. It took years before I wanted any again

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yes there is. When I worked for Casio the Big Boss came in from Japan. We went to this unmarked Japanese restaurant in San Jose. near the end of the meal they brought out a 3'x4' tray of sushi. there were only 9 of us. The had to be over 250 pieces on it. Half way through we we stuffed. then the head guy says we must honor host and eat all of it. with a 3rd left we are dying. He looks at me and george and says you two are big, you finish. it was the sushi version of the cool hand Luke hard Boiled egg eating contest only with Conch and octopus sushi . George and I did it. I thought I was going to hurl, I ate 80+ pieces of sushi. It took years before I wanted any again
new custom title: Cool Hand Curmudgeon

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Working from home today. The air matress I used in my tent the last two nights has apparently fucked up my back. I had it pumped up way too hard.

Tomato plants seem to be on their last legs. Tried that baking soda and sulfate free soap mixture to combat the spread powdery mildew and it seems to have made the plants even worse.

Working from home today. The air matress I used in my tent the last two nights has apparently fucked up my back. I had it pumped up way too hard.

Tomato plants seem to be on their last legs. Tried that baking soda and sulfate free soap mixture to combat the spread powdery mildew and it seems to have made the plants even worse.
We plantred eggplant in the spring - the first one just flowered. Somehow, I don't expect any fruit from it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Big ride yesterday, bigger than the numbers would suggest. 26 miles with 3500' vert... but the first 15-16 miles were all the climbing. Then 9-10 miles of rowdy, technical descending. I'm whooped. For the CO folks: Spring Creek > Flash of Gold > Grouse Ridge > Ditch Trail > Spring Roll in Steamboat. Was supposed to ride with @rideit but he broke hisself off. He did oblige us with a couple of shuttles on Saturday, which was awesome.

Dad turns 76 tomorrow, gonna have him over for dinner and beverages. That's gonna be awesome.

The local land manager just implemented sensible use policies on a favorite local trail a few days ago... haven't yet sampled the directional, bikes-only goodness yet but will this week. That's gonna be awesome to let 'em eat at full speed and not worry about murdering a family of five walking up the trail in a blind corner.

That said... the main trail bike needs some love badly. Cables are worn out, she's got some creaks, rear wheel has become somewhat detensioned... yeah. Gonna need to spend some time in the shop soon. Good thing I bought beer the other day.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
The local land manager just implemented sensible use policies on a favorite local trail a few days ago... haven't yet sampled the directional, bikes-only goodness yet but will this week.
It is directional?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Big ride yesterday, bigger than the numbers would suggest. 26 miles with 3500' vert... but the first 15-16 miles were all the climbing. Then 9-10 miles of rowdy, technical descending. I'm whooped. For the CO folks: Spring Creek > Flash of Gold > Grouse Ridge > Ditch Trail > Spring Roll in Steamboat.
I did a 3 mile loop yesterday. 1st ride since (I think) you and I did Staunton/Cub. :think:
Was supposed to ride with @rideit but he broke hisself off.
He broke hisself?? Again?!?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
FTS, indeed. 5th day straight of AQI over 400. Currently 499.

Now everyone here is praying for rain, but the way 2020 is going we might get washed into the sea if it rains...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
looks like this get up at 0330 shit is my new normal. out the door by 0410. Might need to make 4 shots of espresso instead of 3 as my new necessity . :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
whatever happened to your supervisor job?! I thought you'd put the working stiff life behind you?!

I am working from home with my wife, and without kids in the house for the first time since all this baloney happened. I'm having a hard time keeping it in my pants. All I want to do is head to the bedroom!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
And tire on the car has gone flat, and is now leaking from the bead significantly enough that i cannot reinstate it. Lame. Good thing I have two vehicles?

Ooh, fancy. Why did they rename Apex to Magic Mountain? That's goofy.
Its near the site of the former Magic Mountain amusement park. Not sure why they decided to change the name, but here we are.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
whatever happened to your supervisor job?! I thought you'd put the working stiff life behind you?!

I am working from home with my wife, and without kids in the house for the first time since all this baloney happened. I'm having a hard time keeping it in my pants. All I want to do is head to the bedroom!
Covid happened. A lot of employees quit including EMTs. So back into the field I went.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
...the air matress I used in my tent the last two nights has apparently fucked up my back. I had it pumped up way too hard.
After 40 years of backwoods camping - The trick to a camping sleeping pad is all in the amount of air, and it can be a bit of a pain to get it just right, but when you do, they are surprisingly comfortable, even for somebody with Facet-Joint Syndrome.

Basically, you want just enough air to suspend your body just above the ground when laying on your side. Your hip should be just above the ground so that if you reposition, your hip should just brush the ground.

This give the most support and comfort.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
No, I'll have you know.
Oh, you're not broken? You chose not to ride with us this weekend why again? What I heard was "Something something can't lift my arm above my navel something something ow something poorly built hip jump definitely not because I'm an old talentless hack something something"...