Quantcast

FTTRC site revamped and club update

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
http://www.fttrc.org

I spent a little time this am reorganizing the site, redoing the color scheme, making sure all the info on the different riding areas is a little easier to find.
latest things we've been up to are,
-new trail at Riverside, 1000' alternate route at Devil's Down
-brainstroming on wish list/long range plan for Camp Sekani ( Beacon) this is fun: the city is totally behind whatever we want to do, we just have to come with plans, and the wherewithall to make everything happen ( $$, volunteers etc) we are modeling much of what we want to build after some of what's been done in Post Canyon.
-organizational stuff: getting the bylaws passed and elections coming up in November. Now's your chance, you can become a member so that you can vote for me :D or anyone else you choose or even run for a board position. We are getting the meeting format ironed out, working out the kinks in a meeting location that is suitable. Once we've got the election over with, we hope to have some programs and fun stuff at the meetings. There have been a lot of fun rides happening via the disscussion board.

I know a lot of folks have taken a "wait and see if it flys" approach to this club. I think what we've gotten done so far this year, our first, is pretty awesome. Thanks everyone for your support.

geargrrl

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
allsk8sno said:
they need an sst type flow park there, that would be sweet. that and more trails like the zipper!!
Forget the SST park, this isn't Seattle, we're going to build stunts and ladders off of rocks and have a system of ladders that connect, go under/over...

There already is more trails like the Zipper. We're going to clear the start of the Good Times and Brain Damage so more people will start riding them.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Hey geargrrl, have you talked to Justin or Brian over here on the coast at the BBTC yet? You may be able to save some time with bylaws, etc. as it's all been gone though over the years already over here.

I'm sure they would love to help. Besides the Colonnades project, there's some other ones in the works that "may" parallell Post and some other things you're working on.

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
Skookum said:
Awesome stuff, Spokane will soon easily rival Seattle in close to the city rides, if not already. :thumb:
Haha. Its not even close:D Seattle has nothing that compares to Beacon or Mt. Spokane. Even Riverside St. Park has tons of good singletrack.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
ftlrider said:
Haha. Its not even close:D Seattle has nothing that compares to Beacon or Mt. Spokane. Even Riverside St. Park has tons of good singletrack.
Oh yah? Well my bike can beat up your bike! ;)

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
Skookum said:
Oh yah? Well my bike can beat up your bike! ;)
You got me there :)
I tried out my friends Santa Cruz VP-free and didn't like it because of his squirrelly front tire (it was a Kenda).

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Borneo said:
Hey geargrrl, have you talked to Justin or Brian over here on the coast at the BBTC yet? You may be able to save some time with bylaws, etc. as it's all been gone though over the years already over here.
yes, they provided us copies of their bylaws and their liability documents as a model. We've been in communication some. We've gotten a little flack that we we don't have as many rides, aren't big and organized etc but hey - they've been around for 10-15 years, have paid staff etc and we, well we've been at this for about a year and there's maybe 5 us doing almost everything. (on a good day) This is a real lesson in patience and perserverance and keeping a positive attitude.

gg

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Well, if you want to have company, it's here. I was on the board back then and I know how painfully slow it can be. I don't know how you can catch any flack though. The people that are complaining should be the ones steppin' up and leading rides and posting work parties... You can't do it all on your own. The first 5-6 years we had a huge rotation due to burn out. Plain and simple...

Keep it up over there! :D

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
oh, thanks for the vote of confidence. I just read over on mtbr that a portion of where we ride on the Beacon Hill area has been bulldozed/logged, that might get someone's' attention. The question is that are we going to be a dollar short and a day late on this one, just due to the infancy of our club?

don't mind my ramblings... :p

geargrrl

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Typically, it takes something "semi-catastrophic" to get riders fiired up.
We're so blessed with so many places to ride over here that if one place get's closed, everyone just goes to another.
My guess is that it's too late for this round for you guys. Harness the energy from those that are PO'd that the land owner got to do what they wanted with their property and put it towards something that will last in the future.

As for the club, it just takes time and good marketing. The BBTC lumbered along with around 300 members for a long, long time until the past couple years and the last in particular. Jon, Justin, etc. are doing a lot to get the word out. Having the web now is going to be the difference for you. the old school phone tree stuff really stunk.

Maybe hook up with Joy and the SBR gals and Susan and the Lunachix over here. They seem to be cultivating a large female following which I see you're promoting as well. From a guy's perspective, if there are gals around, we won't be far behind... :)