Quantcast

FTTRC - what's cooking in Spokane for this spring

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Here's what we have cooking for 2006 so far
-Appying for Kona Freeride Grant for Beacon/Camp Sekani
-Mapping camp sekani ( have to know where the property lines are!!)
-trail work days at Camp Sekani/beacon. As we wait for the official wheels to turn on our "agreement" (MOU) with the city for stunt trails, we can still do erosion control and maintenance. As soon as the soil thaws we'll be posting some work days.
-Riverfest June 10, kiosk and trail work demo at High Bridge Park. This is a great venue to connect with outdoors minded people. They loved what we did last year and they invited us back.
-24 hour race at Riverside - we'll have a table there.
-Riverside projects: look for a tune up day on the new trail, and for a project out by the Toenail Rapid on the old CCC trail.
-4th of July, Kettle Crest rides with the BBTC

Since so many of the local shops and the mountaineers have weekly rides, we are trying to focus more on the trail work and advocacy end of things. We'll be doing some destination trips over the summer.
geargrrl
www.fttrc.org

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
geargrrl said:
Here's what we have cooking for 2006 so far
-Appying for Kona Freeride Grant for Beacon/Camp Sekani
-Mapping camp sekani ( have to know where the property lines are!!)
-trail work days at Camp Sekani/beacon. As we wait for the official wheels to turn on our "agreement" (MOU) with the city for stunt trails, we can still do erosion control and maintenance. As soon as the soil thaws we'll be posting some work days.
-Riverfest June 10, kiosk and trail work demo at High Bridge Park. This is a great venue to connect with outdoors minded people. They loved what we did last year and they invited us back.
-24 hour race at Riverside - we'll have a table there.
-Riverside projects: look for a tune up day on the new trail, and for a project out by the Toenail Rapid on the old CCC trail.
-4th of July, Kettle Crest rides with the BBTC

Since so many of the local shops and the mountaineers have weekly rides, we are trying to focus more on the trail work and advocacy end of things. We'll be doing some destination trips over the summer.
geargrrl
www.fttrc.org
Cool so we're on for the 4th o July weekend then?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Woo hoo!

East meets West.

Usually I'm on my annual Miller Peak loop that weekend. But, I'm guessing that it will still be snowed in this season.

I just have to loop back to that post of the Kettle ride you guys did last year for inspiration.