Quantcast

FTW industries fb10 dh race bike

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Gotta love people who go on BIKE message boards but don't want to see updates about BIKE teams and BIKE races, or BIKE videos or BIKE photos, or boutique BIKE frames.

This community is so small that that kind of negativity is counter productive. Stoke and be stoked. I don't see why anyone has a problem with a small manufacturer like FTW getting the word out about his new rig through the forums. Frame builders like Majin and other new or small companies do the same thing. I think it's great that industry people are even on here.

That being said, I like the new design of the front triangle on the fb10. It's reminiscent of the R9, and that's probably my favorite frame design out there. Others in the thread have brought up interesting points about whether the multitude of different geo settings have all the kinks worked out so it'll be interesting to see what the finished product looks like and rides like. I'm sure FTW will take all that into account before it's released.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Willem and the VonCooper Team are valued members of the Plattekill Community. We're stoked to be working with them in 2010. Agreed on how much the locals like to be seen on his videos. Keep up the good job and keep those race videos coming

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Frank and Donnie are also community memebers at Plattekill and have been for a long time. I've seen this bike in different prototype stages for a while. I know franks work is amazing but did not believe the weight until I picked his up. Yea it's light and strong.

Frank helps out so many of us racers behind the scene, I know I owe him a debt or two.

Goal Number one this season- Beat Frank in each and every race he dares to show up and challenge me. beotch

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
Frank and Donnie are also community memebers at Plattekill and have been for a long time. I've seen this bike in different prototype stages for a while. I know franks work is amazing but did not believe the weight until I picked his up. Yea it's light and strong.

Frank helps out so many of us racers behind the scene, I know I owe him a debt or two.

Goal Number one this season- Beat Frank in each and every race he dares to show up and challenge me. beotch

hahaha. YES gotta love plattekill... cant wait for this season. Frank does and will help anyone at the races.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Willem and the VonCooper Team are valued members of the Plattekill Community. We're stoked to be working with them in 2010. Agreed on how much the locals like to be seen on his videos. Keep up the good job and keep those race videos coming
I’m not going to air dirty laundry here so this will be short, simple and all I am going to say. Willem may be a valued member of the Plattekill community but that does not justify his rude, unprofessional and arrogant comments he made towards me and my wife about where we parked our car in the parking lot. A simple apology after the fact would have been nice once he realized he was being irrational and a dick.

once word gets out that sponsored riders act like that sponsorship will go away pretty fast.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct

FTW Industries has officially opened its doors to receive orders for the FB10!

The FTW Industries FB10 is being sold as a frame/shock combo with a Vivid 5.1, for $2,500 MSRP. Orders placed now will be filled by early March, so get your spot in line!!

We are also accepting rider resumes in consideration for sponsorship and discounted pricing.

Contact FTW Industries to place orders and/or send resumes to:
ftw_factory_racing@yahoo.com
Nice work FTW - looks good .... Donnie start a FTW team page

rich

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Over on their FTW Factory Racing Facebook page, it seems that the FB-10 will incorporate the sloped top tube that is reminiscent of the R9. I am liking it!

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Yes if you squint your eyes and the lighting is just right it looks like a R9 on Weight Watchers

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I’m not going to air dirty laundry here so this will be short, simple and all I am going to say. Willem may be a valued member of the Plattekill community but that does not justify his rude, unprofessional and arrogant comments he made towards me and my wife about where we parked our car in the parking lot. A simple apology after the fact would have been nice once he realized he was being irrational and a dick.

once word gets out that sponsored riders act like that sponsorship will go away pretty fast.
Um, we're talking about DH mountainbiking here right? Keep telling yourself that anyone cares when a rider getting pro-form on parts and maybe a couple jerseys (ie 100s of people) mouths off to you in the parking lot. Sh*t, no one would care if a factory guy did it to you either. Sorry to bust your bubble, but with so little at stake no one really cares if you got your feelings hurt.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Um, we're talking about DH mountainbiking here right? Keep telling yourself that anyone cares when a rider getting pro-form on parts and maybe a couple jerseys (ie 100s of people) mouths off to you in the parking lot. Sh*t, no one would care if a factory guy did it to you either. Sorry to bust your bubble, but with so little at stake no one really cares if you got your feelings hurt.
the oh so wise one speaks. no one cares? said person is doing a great job as a company rep then. "factory guy" or not

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3385119&posted=1#post3385119

DyMaxENGR211

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
The mountain bike scene should be kept fun for all. I have been in the scene in New England and racing at Plattekill for countless years. I never seen an arrogant person like IH8Rice. VonCooper, keep the videos coming too!! BTW, VonCooper is the most well known team out there considering the riders are consistently on the podium and PROFESSIONAL, not cocky dicks!! IH8Rice, go braid your back hair. While your at it, have Amy braid your gooch & ass hair too. Moreover,... move up from sport, you've been in our class too long. Overall, the frame on this forum looks SICK!!!! Great skills in the design!!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
nice first post troll, or afraid of riceman so had to create a new user name:thumb:

The mountain bike scene should be kept fun for all. I have been in the scene in New England and racing at Plattekill for countless years. I never seen an arrogant person like IH8Rice. VonCooper, keep the videos coming too!! BTW, VonCooper is the most well known team out there considering the riders are consistently on the podium and PROFESSIONAL, not cocky dicks!! IH8Rice, go braid your back hair. While your at it, have Amy braid your gooch & ass hair too. Moreover,... move up from sport, you've been in our class too long. Overall, the frame on this forum looks SICK!!!! Great skills in the design!!

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
watch it slick. ill cut your fvcking throat if you bring my family into this

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
Double Really...

A couple of forever sport riders talking trash. HCOR needs there forums back for all of this baby talk.

sublime2890

Chimp
Jan 16, 2006
connecticut
hahaha This cracks me up, you don't seem like the kind of guy who would be so sensitive, and delta house is bitching about **** talking in the parking lot?! You guys rep platty awsome!

PS Your courses are pretty fun though!

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
hahaha This cracks me up, you don't seem like the kind of guy who would be so sensitive, and delta house is bitching about **** talking in the parking lot?! You guys rep platty awsome!

PS Your courses are pretty fun though!
The guys that build the courses don't bitch in the parking lot..We yell at each other on the hill while building, weeks before.. different faction completely... Please don't confuse the two..over and out

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The guys that build the courses don't bitch in the parking lot..We yell at each other on the hill while building, weeks before.. different faction completely... Please don't confuse the two..over and out
I can second and confirm this. The guys that do the bulk of the trailwork and building bust their asses to get it all done (and are normally too tired for parking lot drama).

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
so many people hava passion at plattekill, ya got to love it. It is tough to figure it all out at first though. If you want to ride drama free you have to go to the top parking lot all the way to the right, but you better have an invite. ....wait, what.

Last edited:

sublime2890

Chimp
Jan 16, 2006
connecticut
Credit is certainly due for the hard work done on the courses, there is no doubt these delta guys know how to put together a fun course.

Their comments in the parking lot seemed on the edge of too much, imo, but after seeing these online attacks on other people and teams I can appreciate the parking lot banter in a differing light.

But this:

Hard work? at what? being a dick in the platty parking while pretending to be an ambassidor to the sport? Give me a break....:homer:

:popcorn:
You have no idea what time and effort Willem puts into his videos. This crosses the line.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Their comments in the parking lot seemed on the edge of too much, imo, but after seeing these online attacks on other people and teams I can appreciate the parking lot banter in a differing light.

But this:

You have no idea what time and effort Willem puts into his videos. This crosses the line.
you obviously have no f-ing idea wtf you are talking about. where you there? no. ive talked to the guy before and dont have a problem with him right now. but i guess you knew that already
keep trolling troll.

and yes i do know what goes into his videos. ive been doing it for 8 years now.

Last edited:

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Credit is certainly due for the hard work done on the courses, there is no doubt these delta guys know how to put together a fun course.

But this:

Sean it's not worth it, don't get worked up.