Quantcast

### Fu Fu FTS derp GMT###

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
current driver base thinks that because theirs was built with these interior options, and this one exterior bit, on this day of this month, that they have a 1/1 ultra collectable
It's amused me on some of my random YT car show watching lately that Corvette owners are all portrayed as or think of their car in that way.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It's amused me on some of my random YT car show watching lately that Corvette owners are all portrayed as or think of their car in that way.
i wish dudes on the assembly line were still leaving liquor bottles in the body panels like the did in the good old days.....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Got hit by an old man with a suburban and a bike rack today. I was in the supermarket. I was in a massive spot, absolutely no excuse. A cop watched it. The guys wife try telling the cop “listen, we don’t have time for this”. Cop didn’t like that. It is really just a big scratch, I think I am just going to chalk it up to karma, either future or past. But still....

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
FTS Friday in full effect. Was looking forward to a semi-quiet day at home, except daycare for my youngest is closed for Good Friday. Thanks Jesus. Spending some time in the kitchen. Trimmed up 25lbs of Tri-tips and tried out a new technique i read about for poached eggs.
CA61D074-0433-4F59-8D44-2F66F8C9E35F.jpeg

C05AA421-6C6C-40C9-A0ED-FA93F66E32B4.jpeg

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Looks successful. Share technique or gtfo!!

Also, you seem to have a lot of tri tip. You whack some cows?
I've tried all kinds of different things. Vinegar, boiling, not boiling, different pans, etc. Finally read somewhere to drain the eggs and it made a huge difference. There's basically two 'whites'. There's the more solid white that's next to the yolk, then there's more of a fluid white that's outside of that. That is the part that gets everywhere and makes them all whispy. So, I use a mesh spoon/ladle and crack the egg into it. Let it drain and the thinner white will pass through, the yolk and the thick white hold. I then lowered into 200* water (just checked with a thermapen) and sort of scoot off of the ladle. Cook for four minutes and remove. Supposedly you can store them for at least a few hours (maybe overnight?) in a tub of water and then just heat them in warm water before serving.

As far as the tri-tip, I purchased a bulk bag of untrimmed locally. Broke them out, trimmed them all, marinaded one for Easter dinner and vacuum bagged and froze the rest. Hands down one of the best tri-tip marinades I've used. It comes out amazing. I literally throw everything in my vitamix with whole peppercorns and blend. Marinade for two days and it's freakin delicious.

Everytime I made for people they love it:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, all over Jackson, at exactly 8:00, all of the young people started howling at the moon. Super fun and very random. It was really pretty cool. I could hear maybe hundreds. Anyone where you live?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
So, all over Jackson, at exactly 8:00, all of the young people started howling at the moon. Super fun and very random. It was really pretty cool. I could hear maybe hundreds. Anyone where you live?
We do that in Denver as well.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
almost time to start my workout. got home fed the furballs, sauteed up some salmon in hot pepper spices and crumbled it over salad for my dinner then had a beer and a nap in the Hammock. Ruth came out with a glass of wine and we watched the dogs chase each other all over the yard. Going riding at some point tomorrow

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Howling in Golden.
First night I heard it (super moon) I though it was real for a few.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My wife is doing this. Embarrasses the shit out of my daughter, so I started doing so as well. Hadn't heard of this before today.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Our dog shaped object was asleep otherwise I was going to make her participate tonight.

Respect to the first responders and those manning the phones.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Street social distancing happy hour was a success. Kids got to ride their bikes and parents all sat in a giant circle across the street getting drunk. Wifey got fucking hammered, but needed it. Girl across the street has Haley's old BMX bike and the freewheel failed on her while she was pedalling, causing her to eat shit pretty bad. I need to dig up my spare and find a tool to put it on. I told her it was my fault and that I'd fix it for her, so she's not scared of riding it again.

Spent most of today working on car stuff. Got the M up and wheels off so that I could get suspension and got underbody pics. Sent the adtl pics to Bring a Trailer for the listing. Another older M5 with the same mileage, way less service records and amount of preventative work, and an accident just sold for $19,500. That gives me hope that it will sell for a good price once it lists, probably next week.

Pulled the box off the Subaru, put the bike racks on, and got it hung up in the garage. Also pulled the ski racks from Wifey's car - no need for that mileage drag over the summer...

All in all, a busy day.