Quantcast

**** Fuck this week. It's FRIDAY! - GMT ****

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Monday was on Iams hairball formula for years and her coat was amazing. But when she got pancreatitis, she got special food. Now she gets limited ingredient sensitive tummy dry food and crazy expensive high protein wet twice a day. Her coat matted real bad until this winter, I cut a bunch out and she looks great, now

/coolstorybro

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Monday was on Iams hairball formula for years and her coat was amazing. But when she got pancreatitis, she got special food. Now she gets limited ingredient sensitive tummy dry food and crazy expensive high protein wet twice a day. Her coat matted real bad until this winter, I cut a bunch out and she looks great, now

/coolstorybro
ever thought about raw food?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rode the full suspension bike for the first time since I got the hardtail. I think I like the hardtail a lot better, will see when I can get back on some proper trails. FS is definitely faster but the hardtail may be more fun.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Not canned food, I meant REAL raw food?

Yup, both cats until the one developed a series of urinary blockages
...and yes their coats never looked better.

Now on the prescription 65.00 for 3 kilo's of dry kibble and the 3.00 a can wet :banghead: but last checkup showed clean and clear pee, so looks like it be working.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Wheelie practice starting to come along much better. Just did a 26 mile ride while my vehicle was getting tires swapped and did hundreds of wheelies all over the place, even starting to wheelie down hills and some manual action. Really starting to feel the balance point and sustain. Getting into a high (hard) enough gear was real important, plus pedaling more against and not raising the front up too high initially. Maybe even starting to be able to steer. Had to even stop wheelie-ing when there was an intersection coming up (wheelie across intersection, next goal).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Not canned food, I meant REAL raw food?
No, have not looked into that. She is half feral and mainly outside. She has her own door, so she can come and go.

I will look at raw options. The diet was high protein, no fish.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
No, have not looked into that. She is half feral and mainly outside. She has her own door, so she can come and go.

I will look at raw options. The diet was high protein, no fish.
research it. You will find many advantages. Main downside is $$

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Did my first ever indoor smart trainer ride today, climbing Swiss Alps is hard work.

I took 57 minutes. Wife kicked my ass and did it in 49 minutes, 7.3miles, 2100ft vert.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
At my wife’s urging I’m enjoying a couple Dales. And bourbon.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
He is a bit of an introvert, but he has lost interest in anything and everything he used to enjoy except his Nintendo switch. Food, friends, art, biking, he just doesn’t give a shit anymore.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
One of the guys from BaT coming by to look at the car tomorrow lives on the other side of the open space behind me. Our decks look out at each other's. We've been having a good laugh about it already.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
He is a bit of an introvert, but he has lost interest in anything and everything he used to enjoy except his Nintendo switch. Food, friends, art, biking, he just doesn’t give a shit anymore.
I'm not discounting your observations but I would caution you to consider "some" of it is related to puberty.

My daughter (not quite 14) has/had the same situation (phone) but it predated CV19 by about 2 years.

Sucks for sure though, and I hope talking about his feelings with a professional helps you / him figure things out.

I'm not a big fan of giving kids psychotropic meds*, though I concede that it can be helpful for some...

*Dr feel better would prescribe 5 mg cbd gummy instead