Quantcast

*!* Fuck up the nominal time day *!*

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yeah. I’m no dentist, just a hopeless fanboi. That and I found a killer deal on a brand new SB150, which was what I had prior to the current SB130. I’ve spent a year trying to love the current bike and while it’s a good/great bike and I like it, I just don’t love it like I loved the last one. So, I got one of those again.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mediocre race for Haley. They race was back to standard Jr1 slides, so normal restricted power. She was happy with her times, but surprisingly struggling with the lower power kart. The kid whose dad made the "I told him to play nicely" at the night race when she got 2nd learned that she doesn't yield her lines. He tried to force her off track/yield position in a chicane, but lost that battle when he hooked a wheel and got shot off into the gravel. It's the second time that she's punted him, just by refusing to yield her line to him. She's not hitting him, she's just not yielding, and because of her indoor racing, passing always involves contact, she's more than comfortable with it. Oh well. Bully is starting to learn.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
By going off the market?
I dont know what that means. I just know that when mavic started making mtb stuff their hubs were shit and a bunch of now middle aged men incapable of learning new things read about this in a thing called a magazine with the name of mountainbike action, and have been repeating it for two decades now.

There are so many legit reasons to bitch about mavic mtb stuff but loose hubs aint one of them. It's a bit like complaining about the arrogance of donald rumsfeld or barbara streisand at this point. Mavic in 2023 sucks so hard and we should be able to have honest relevant discussions about why.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I dont know what that means. I just know that when mavic started making mtb stuff their hubs were shit and a bunch of now middle aged men incapable of learning new things read about this in a thing called a magazine with the name of mountainbike action, and have been repeating it for two decades now.

There are so many legit reasons to bitch about mavic mtb stuff but loose hubs aint one of them. It's a bit like complaining about the arrogance of donald rumsfeld or barbara streisand at this point. Mavic in 2023 sucks so hard and we should be able to have honest relevant discussions about why.
OK, ya blowhard, it was just a sarcastic comment. 'incapable of new things' is pretty fucking aggressive, ya dolt. :wave:
I mean, the best part about senility is that you learn new stuff every ten minutes!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Rode local trail Sunday morning, cleaned everything save for one move on the climb, saw @6thElement & Mrs, with two other hammers at the bottom and naturally never saw then again. Spent the rest of the day having drinks around town in the sun, capped it with a big ribeye on the grill and 9 F'ING HOURS of sleep. Ooof, let's do that all again.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rode local trail Sunday morning, cleaned everything save for one move on the climb, saw @6thElement & Mrs, with two other hammers at the bottom and naturally never saw then again. Spent the rest of the day having drinks around town in the sun, capped it with a big ribeye on the grill and 9 F'ING HOURS of sleep. Ooof, let's do that all again.
We should have ridden together as S and I were too damn tired for the group we were with after the previous two days rides and didn't ride with them up the climb at all. We were probably midway between you and them.

The only bit of that climb I can't get is the narrow little rock chute/gap and then the immediate very hard right up the super steep bit. My flat pedals don't fit through the chute part and I can't get the speed to roll/ratchet though. Then because I'm walking I don't remember if I've even tried to hop my way around and into that uphill.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The only bit of that climb I can't get is the narrow little rock chute/gap and then the immediate very hard right up the super steep bit. My flat pedals don't fit through the chute part and I can't get the speed to roll/ratchet though.
Yep, that's the one, and for the same reason. I think the way to do it is pause, catch breath, and sprint at/up it half riding the rocks on the climber's right side.

@SkaredShtles Apex, up Pn'S

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Quicksand show tonight. 30 years ago, if you'd had asked me what kind of fuckin' loser goes to a band's 30th anniversary show, my answer would be something like "those creepy, old dudes who stand in the back of the venue with their arms folded."

Well, how do you like me now

Here's a weird one: Met Action Bronson in the audience. Wife's a Quicksand fan. Man was high as hell.