Quantcast

***Fuck Yeah Monday GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fuck this week already. I was scheduled to help someone move their office this morning at 10:30am, but it was already done when I came in. No biggie. Then I found out that the GM wants my stuff moved out of one of the front closets, so that this other person can use it. Yeah great, no problem, but this other person already piled their shit in the closet, ON TOP of my stuff. Just going to ignore this entire situation.

Oh well, coffee is on tap. Its raining and dark out, so a ride tonight is questionable.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Alarm didn't go off. no biggie I needed the extra few minutes of sleep. Royal Bitch driving home fom the horse show last night. Winds were gusting over 40 miles per hour so I kept it around 55mph for extra control of the monster.

back on the short bus for the week.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Mondays are just fine by me, because it beats the hell out of waking up dead.

2500 yard swim before work. My legs are rightfully shot after yesterday's race.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Tackled most of the monster that has loomed over my head for the past year. Finished digging the drainage trench, graded it, laid plastic, corrugated piping, gravel, and got the sprinkler system organized and ready to be put back together. Wasn't much of a weekend, but hopefully I have laid a solid fondation upon which I can cruise for the rest of the year without doing anything else.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Mornin!

Tackled most of the monster that has loomed over my head for the past year. Finished digging the drainage trench, graded it, laid plastic, corrugated piping, gravel, and got the sprinkler system organized and ready to be put back together. Wasn't much of a weekend, but hopefully I have laid a solid fondation upon which I can cruise for the rest of the year without doing anything else.
There are two ways as a homeowner that this actually might work:

1)Have someone else do the shit that comes up.
2)Simply don't do any of the shit that comes up.

I recommend 2, personally.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
There are two ways as a homeowner that this actually might work:

1)Have someone else do the shit that comes up.
2)Simply don't do any of the shit that comes up.

I recommend 2, personally.
I have already stated to the wife, in no uncertain terms, will I do anything that doesn't have an immediate danger of fire, flooding, or death from either. Hands have been thrown up, the next person can fix it. I'm done.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yard work has never been a keen interest of mine, when I did have a lawn someone else maintained it - every hour spent mowing grass is an hour you cannot ride.

Riding mowers do not count.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Trail fairies sanitized my go-to place since last week.
Raked off the slick layer of dryed oak leaves and now trails are 18-24" wide in places.
This widening started with fatbikers grooming too wide a path, now these same assholes think summer trials need to be wide as well.
Bench cut around some rock/root gardens too. WTF.

Now I need to go ride on rainy days and return the trails to their natural, blown out and rutted state.
There's not much soil above the rocks and roots so these trails are only getting rougher, the dirt roadies just need to get used to it.

Some guy with a massive pack also made a snarky comment to me about riding without any tools (I only carry a mini tool in shorts).
My bike is dead reliable and the type of mechanical I get (broken cranks like a few weeks back, fragged der etc) are walk-out events in any case.
Fuck that guy, too.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work. Got in a good ride this weekend and spent the better half of yesterday working on the garden beds. The dogs ripped out all of the sprinkler heads from both gardens, so before I could even put the dirt down I had to fix all of the sprinklers.

Got stalled on my Reverb rebuild, as the kit I got was missing some of the o-rings, so I get to order another full kit. At least I'll have spare parts.

Wifey might actually end up getting her Q7. My Mom's firm provides leased vehicles to all of the partners and one left the firm last week. The lease doesn't end for another 3 months, but the buyout option was provided to us. $31,500 for a 2011 S-Line, Prestige, with the 3.0L supercharged V6, and only 21k miles. That's over $10k below retail, so we're looking at a really good price on it because the firm already took the new-car depreciation. The debate now comes down to whether we really want to do it (definitely don't need) and if we keep or sell the Subie. Just a matter if we want to keep two car payments (Subie is only $150/m, Q7 would be about $300) and garage queen the M.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
$10k off sticker for a 5yo 21k mile car doesn't sound like a good deal.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Raked off the slick layer of dryed oak leaves and now trails are 18-24" wide in places.
This widening started with fatbikers grooming too wide a path, now these same assholes think summer trials need to be wide as well.

Now I need to go ride on rainy days and return the trails to their natural, blown out and rutted state.
There's not much soil above the rocks and roots so these trails are only getting rougher, the dirt roadies just need to get used to it.

Some guy with a massive pack also made a snarky comment to me about riding without any tools (I only carry a mini tool in shorts).
My bike is dead reliable and the type of mechanical I get (broken cranks like a few weeks back, fragged der etc) are walk-out events in any case.
Fuck that guy, too.
Fat roadies fucking up the trails everywhere.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Work. Got in a good ride this weekend and spent the better half of yesterday working on the garden beds. The dogs ripped out all of the sprinkler heads from both gardens, so before I could even put the dirt down I had to fix all of the sprinklers.

Got stalled on my Reverb rebuild, as the kit I got was missing some of the o-rings, so I get to order another full kit. At least I'll have spare parts.

Wifey might actually end up getting her Q7. My Mom's firm provides leased vehicles to all of the partners and one left the firm last week. The lease doesn't end for another 3 months, but the buyout option was provided to us. $31,500 for a 2011 S-Line, Prestige, with the 3.0L supercharged V6, and only 21k miles. That's over $10k below retail, so we're looking at a really good price on it because the firm already took the new-car depreciation. The debate now comes down to whether we really want to do it (definitely don't need) and if we keep or sell the Subie. Just a matter if we want to keep two car payments (Subie is only $150/m, Q7 would be about $300) and garage queen the M.
I picture you having the discussion with your wife while wearing a top hat and monocle, and she's wearing some manner of flapper dress while sipping high tea.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Fat roadies fucking up the trails everywhere.
Yep.
On the upside, I saw three + bikes with flats getting walked out of woods.
Who'd a thought that paper thin tires at low pressure would flat?

Theres a new trail in back 40 at GTF.
Nice and raw, rides well in both directions though the jumps indicate its supposed to be a down.
Jumps are all wrong though and should basically be ripped out unless the corners are bermed so you can carry more speed into them.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yep.
On the upside, I saw three + bikes with flats getting walked out of woods.
Who'd a thought that paper thin tires at low pressure would flat?

Theres a new trial in back 40 at GTF.
Nice and raw, rides well in both directions though the jumps indicate its supposed to be a down.
Jumps are all wrong though and should basically be ripped out unless the corners are bermed so you can carry more speed into them.
i saw 3 fat bikes on my ride yesterday. all slow as fuck. all making total hack line choices.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Rode our old stomping grounds with 2 kids (brothers) I used to ride said stomping grounds with pretty much 7 days a week all through high school. Don't think I've been in the woods on bikes with both of them in 10+ years.

Was arguably the most fun I've ever had on my bike.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head

Fuck that guy, too.
I feel your pain
I have a place by me that the trail stewards are a 65 yr old retired couple every time roots get exposed they cut them out put pavers in and make it a climb.....I don't understand if you want pavement just ride pavement leave the trails natural and become a better rider......

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I feel your pain
I have a place by me that the trail stewards are a 65 yr old retired couple every time roots get exposed they cut them out put pavers in and make it a climb.....I don't understand if you want pavement just ride pavement leave the trails natural and become a better rider......
you should tell them about e-bikes

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fuck yes. That motor is a hoot.
Buy it @stoney... You can't take it with you.
I'm really thinking about it. My only concern is that Wifey is primary income and she's residential real estate. SF seems to be showing bubble, as tech is pulling back and that's driving housing there.