Quantcast

fuck you weds gfmt....

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
These threads are getting earlier and earlier… I mean it’s even still mid—Wednesday evening here in the future.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Rainy and wet out. Supposed to clear up this afternoon for the next few days.

Got a shipping confirmation for my Garbaruk cassette and associated bits and bobs.

Coffee taking its time to work its magic.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Absolutely pissed down rain here in Denver, looks like I’m getting skunked on a quick Chimpex this morning. Oh, well, getting home early won’t be so bad, I have only been home one night for two weeks.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Absolutely pissed down rain here in Denver, looks like I’m getting skunked on a quick Chimpex this morning. Oh, well, getting home early won’t be so bad, I have only been home one night for two weeks.
Feck all visibility up here again. Forecast looks like an indoor ride this afternoon...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm here. Got up before the alarm again and did 2700 slow yards at the pool. I seem to be doing fine with these 5:00 wake ups, so I may stick with it and see how that goes for a while. Maybe 9-10 hours a sleep every night really isn't necessary.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:
I’m stressed and pissed that the same old fucking white guys won re-election yesterday in our local shit. County of ~75,000 and 5,000 people voted. Fucking pathetic. The same county commissioner that has pretty much stopped all of new greenway projects, easily won re-election due to all of his old bastard friends went and voted.

:disgust:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Waiting on my dental appointment. Then will attempt getting a 2nd booster. Then eye doc appointment in the afternoon.

Raining. May as well get shit done.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Supposed to be dry today, so I need to do the rear tires on the car. I need to get this bitch listed and sold so I can pay off the moto I haven't bought yet.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ride night, work can't end soon enough.

Still experiencing some fuckery with shifting on the bike - was happening on the old one as well (I moved the drop outs and hangar to the new bike). Only thing I haven't replaced is the derailleur hanger, which I am waiting for a fresh replacement to be delivered from North Shore Billet.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ride night, work can't end soon enough.

Still experiencing some fuckery with shifting on the bike - was happening on the old one as well (I moved the drop outs and hangar to the new bike). Only thing I haven't replaced is the derailleur hanger, which I am waiting for a fresh replacement to be delivered from North Shore Billet.
I received my shipment from them yesterday! (used a new hanger at the beginning of the season, and it turns out I lost one in my crash when my saddle bag flew off with a spare tube and hanger, a mini-gerber multi tool, and my wolftooth chain plier/tire lever thingys still inside...)

new hanger day is always a happy day.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Tired. Layla decided 6am was the time to get up to go out, but not go. Haley is still on cloud-nine. I haven't seen her this confident basically, ever. Taking her medal to school to show it off.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Tired. Layla decided 6am was the time to get up to go out, but not go. Haley is still on cloud-nine. I haven't seen her this confident basically, ever. Taking her medal to school to show it off.
pretty pumped for your kid, that's exciting. make sure she doesn't let it go to her head.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
pretty pumped for your kid, that's exciting. make sure she doesn't let it go to her head.
She knows. We've talked about it. This is the result of hard work, but it's just the first. You won't win everything and you have to keep driving. It was a huge deal for her to beat Nikkos, and she gets that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I received my shipment from them yesterday! (used a new hanger at the beginning of the season, and it turns out I lost one in my crash when my saddle bag flew off with a spare tube and hanger, a mini-gerber multi tool, and my wolftooth chain plier/tire lever thingys still inside...)

new hanger day is always a happy day.
NSB is always good stuff!

I just wish they'd find a cheaper way to mail a single hanger. $18 to ship one is steep - but worth it I guess, I paid it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
These threads are getting earlier and earlier… I mean it’s even still mid—Wednesday evening here in the future.
I, for one, welcome our future-dwelling Kiwi overlords.

Fuck you? No, fuck all of us.
Related - I recently ordered new business cards:

1651676965331.png

Slept great. Rode bikes. Drop the kids off then work.
Did you drop them at the pool? :think:

Woke up and thought it was Saturday. Wtf.
Every day can be Saturday, if you're not... something something.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
NSB is always good stuff!

I just wish they'd find a cheaper way to mail a single hanger. $18 to ship one is steep - but worth it I guess, I paid it.
I bought two and a buddy hopped in on the order, so shipping was free. I like having two hangers as backup... it's like a security blanket! There's nothing worse than waiting for a hanger to arrive to be able to ride again.

A buddy bought a hanger alignment tool, but ime, those things were never really able to get the alignment back to perfect. I suppose it could get you close enough that you could wait for a new hanger to arrive, but having a couple as backup works just as well!

this is why I'm still very much interested in gearbox bikes. I hope the development of drag-free boxes accelerates to the point where I can buy one before I'm too old (or broken) to ride anymore! And to those who say replacing a $30 hanger and a $100 derailleur isn't a big price to pay to the efficiency and drag-free performance of the status quo, I say bah humbug. I don't want to have to deal with it at all. ever.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Kid has decided to become very particular about what he wears, today's style choices included dino print sweat pants, a Mandalorian shirt, light up shoes and My GG hat, honestly for a 2.5 year old I think he's got fashion pretty dialed.

:wave:

Gotta go buy a weed whacker/pole trimmer/brush cutter. Thinking I'll invest in the Stihl khombi system.
Battery or dino-juice?

Been looking at their battery powered stuff as my Makita battery powered mower is getting a little long in the tooth

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
hello all

'tis a day to work from Colorado Center.

which means Thai Pot for lunch and bringing takeout home for family dinner

:)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Kid has decided to become very particular about what he wears, today's style choices included dino print sweat pants, a Mandalorian shirt, light up shoes and My GG hat, honestly for a 2.5 year old I think he's got fashion pretty dialed.

Battery or dino-juice?

Been looking at their battery powered stuff as my Makita battery powered mower is getting a little long in the tooth
Dino. For some reason, I'm skeptical about buying high dollar battery operated tools, especially from smaller names like Stihl. Not because of their performance, but I'm more concerned about obsolescence and backwards compatibility of battery technology.