butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm actually not working tomorrow

but I have Baby Aya and lack the mental energy to go skiing with her

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Just left a client meeting where another agency in town had quoted before me. They were 74% higher than my quote. The business is one that I already insured these are just the new owners. Other agent tried to throw me under the buss as not knowing what I am doing. After reviewing my 20 page proposal compared to the other guys 1 page. Client responds “I’m pretty sure I know who doesn’t know what they are doing, and I’ll let them know”. I’ll consider that a win for the day.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Dino. For some reason, I'm skeptical about buying high dollar battery operated tools, especially from smaller names like Stihl. Not because of their performance, but I'm more concerned about obsolescence and backwards compatibility of battery technology.
I used to be wary of new batteries but any reasonable brand seems to support their battery platforms long enough that I'll get my money's worth. Maintaining gas tools just annoys me now, only one I have left is my chainsaw and that's only because I haven't used it in a while.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
20 year anniversary today!

Fucked up today. Tried to put socks on which the first mistake. The then I failed and got a bad snap to my collarbone. It’s so damn fragile and makes me nervous that it will not heal :-(

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Amazon driver left my package in the driveway. Just not mine. I hope whoever took it enjoys those cables, housing, brake seals for the donation bike.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
20 year anniversary today!

Fucked up today. Tried to put socks on which the first mistake. The then I failed and got a bad snap to my collarbone. It’s so damn fragile and makes me nervous that it will not heal :-(
if you have a bone that's healing, lay off alcohol and coffee.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Dino. For some reason, I'm skeptical about buying high dollar battery operated tools, especially from smaller names like Stihl. Not because of their performance, but I'm more concerned about obsolescence and backwards compatibility of battery technology.
Ryobi's committment to their battery platform is one of the reasons I went all in, despite their tools being (arguably) "not as nice/high end/pro level" as Dewalt, Makita, etc.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Almost 2hrs in to IT trying to resolve Adobe and cloud issues. I could use lunch about an hour ago.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Ryobi's committment to their battery platform is one of the reasons I went all in, despite their tools being (arguably) "not as nice/high end/pro level" as Dewalt, Makita, etc.
There hasn't been anything I haven't been able to do with my cRaP rYoBi stuff that others have done with their fancy, high end, 3X the cost stuff.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There hasn't been anything I haven't been able to do with my cRaP rYoBi stuff that others have done with their fancy, high end, 3X the cost stuff.
i have a buddy from college that used to work at stanley. he'd get me half off dewalt stuff. only reason i have so much of it. the dewalt cabinet saw I inherited from my FIL when he shit the bed

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Season results are updated - Haley is up to 5th. 1pt behind 4th and she hasn't been behind him in 3 months, so assuming no issues, she'll move into 4th next month. 10pts behind 3rd, so that's going to be a hard catch.

Looking into trying outdoor karts soon...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
But is it drunken noodles?
Affirmative. Ah
windshields typically last 2-3 years here due to rocks, unless you get lucky and can fill those cracks quick enough.

(hehehehehe)
orly

My Land Cruiser windshield has two rock strikes since 2014 but they’re not spreading and aren’t in front of me so it’s soldiering on.