Quantcast

Fuck Zuck

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I could seriously take or leave FB. But I think removing news would be welcome to many of us. I don’t really get any news from FB, outside of someone commenting on a story, or something. They should remove ads while they are at it!

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I could seriously take or leave FB. But I think removing news would be welcome to many of us. I don’t really get any news from FB, outside of someone commenting on a story, or something. They should remove ads while they are at it!
I still use it, mainly for messenger for organizing bike stuff.
One thing that I have noticed is the amount of right wing culture wars BS.
The more RW fuckery I Right Click, Hide All, the more I seem to get.
But balance is fair, so I occasionally get a LW post, but it also seems to be one or two lone sources. Currently running about a dozen to one in favor of the fascists.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Curious. I don't get any RW anything of any sort, except maybe an ad for camo cargo shorts, or some shit. They gave up on me a long time ago.
Most of my content is from current friends, college friends, and the Dodo.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Curious. I don't get any RW anything of any sort, except maybe an ad for camo cargo shorts, or some shit. They gave up on me a long time ago.
Most of my content is from current friends, college friends, and the Dodo.
I'm guessing the algorithm is set to "He clicked on it, so he must like it" and ignores the "Don't show me this BS again" part. :bonk:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
We've got a county level alert system that's (eventually) proven to be pretty effective. It just hits every phone reachable by certain towers. I imagine there are similar up there?
yes. I imagine it's been used. I guess the issue here is that people have tried sharing news via facebook (why people do that is beyond me, but it's popular I guess), but can't anymore because Meta is being a big baby and taken it's ball home.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
yes. I imagine it's been used. I guess the issue here is that people have tried sharing news via facebook (why people do that is beyond me, but it's popular I guess), but can't anymore because Meta is being a big baby and taken it's ball home.
chasing off facebook is awesome

even with some of the agency instituted resources we finally have after proving time and again that shit like facebook is potentially an even bigger hazard with misinformation and propaganda during emergencies....we still have one of the biggest fire fighters using it because they don't put resources into an agency solution

Even though the 'get the fuck out now' alerts work great, they need to quit doing this shit and funnel info through other means. This is for a fire near here right now

tnfnso.JPG

as these fires get more frequent and more destructive, there's no excuse for a lack of effective govt systems

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I posted a link to this on facebook.... Will be curious if it actually appears an anyone's feed.

A little-discussed detail in the Lavender AI article is that Israel is killing people based on being in the same Whatsapp group [1] as a suspected militant [2]. Where are they getting this data? Is WhatsApp sharing it?

Lavender is Israel's system of "pre-crime" [3] - they use AI to guess who to kill in Gaza, and then bomb them when they're at home, along with their entire family. (Obscenely, they call this program "Where's Daddy").