Quantcast

***** Fuckin' Fractured Friday - Are ya awake yet? GMT *****

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Well Fuck.
Socks, hardwood floor and two cats chasing each other at a high rate of fuel consumption do not mix. Yup, hit the deck pretty hard. One of those feet out, pause in mid-air then straight down jobs. Result - I think I have yet another cracked rib or intercostal damage. Went to the ER to get it checked, but they were slammed. Called the family doc late afternoon and he is putting in an X-ray req, so hopefully later today I will have confirmation that there is nothing that can be done other than a dose of "Suck it up buttercup".

This getting old shit sucks. Had a mid speed crash on sand in August, result cracked rib. October was a jogging speed low-side slideout doing some testing while trailbuilding - result is a quite misshapen pinky with a shifted tendon. Still painful as fuck with any lateral or rotational pressure, limited range of motion and it will make you say "gee wiz" if you put any pressure to close into a fist.

Can't sleep cause it be a might bit uncomfortable at the moment. Some light reading seems to indicate I'm a candidate for osteoporosis cuz of the naff kidneys.

So looks like imma gonna need to talk to teh doc about even more crap.

Did I say Fuck?

So how you doin'?

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Well Fuck.
Socks, hardwood floor and two cats chasing each other at a high rate of fuel consumption do not mix. Yup, hit the deck pretty hard. One of those feet out, pause in mid-air then straight down jobs. Result - I think I have yet another cracked rib or intercostal damage. Went to the ER to get it checked, but they were slammed. Called the family doc late afternoon and he is putting in an X-ray req, so hopefully later today I will have confirmation that there is nothing that can be done other than a dose of "Suck it up buttercup".

This getting old shit sucks. Had a mid speed crash on sand in August, result cracked rib. October was a jogging speed low-side slideout doing some testing while trailbuilding - result is a quite misshapen pinky with a shifted tendon. Still painful as fuck with any lateral or rotational pressure, limited range of motion and it will make you say "gee wiz" if you put any pressure to close into a fist.

Can't sleep cause it be a might bit uncomfortable at the moment. Some light reading seems to indicate I'm a candidate for osteoporosis cuz of the naff kidneys.

So looks like imma gonna need to talk to teh doc about even more crap.

Did I say Fuck?

So how you doin'?
I found ribs were sorta like a collarbone, I made a wedge of pillows and that made me less likely to want to roll over in bed.

Last time I'm pretty sure I did at least two in different locations, one went kapow as I went to turn over in bed, it was an impressive feeling.
I've shared it before but it was from this, the ride home was a bit shit and my ribcage is a little narrower on the left side now.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
:wave:

Ontarians are such a fragile bunch.

Yesterday's ride was quite interesting. Trails were frozen with a nice layer of ice bearings on top that came down from the trees after the freezing rain episode.

Now snowing hard. Need to hit the trails before it accumulates too much.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
YEAH BUDDY. It is currently dumping snow....large flakes coming down fast and in abundance. It'll be quick hitter though and is supposed to clear out in a couple of hours. But, it's enough for me to say FTS to my commute and work from home today. rofltacos

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
YEAH BUDDY. It is currently dumping snow....large flakes coming down fast and in abundance. It'll be quick hitter though and is supposed to clear out in a couple of hours. But, it's enough for me to say FTS to my commute and work from home today. rofltacos
lucky. we just have freezing rain. ground is still warm so we're not ice skating, but all tree branches are covered in ice.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Day is done here, I was lying in bed and have a camera battery on charge with the green light shining up on the ceiling.
It would seem an ant has found the green LED on the charger super exciting and is making monster size shadows on the ceiling.

That's how you get ants, green LEDs......

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Day is done here, I was lying in bed and have a camera battery on charge with the green light shining up on the ceiling.
It would seem an ant has found the green LED on the charger super exciting and is making monster size shadows on the ceiling.

That's how you get ants, green LEDs......
careful dude. that's how you get
1645798328790.png

hoping to squeeze in a bike ride after lunch today. that is all.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Ontarians are such a fragile bunch.

Yesterday's ride was quite interesting. Trails were frozen with a nice layer of ice bearings on top that came down from the trees after the freezing rain episode.

Now snowing hard. Need to hit the trails before it accumulates too much.
Hey now, we aren't all delicate flowers. :p

Snowing here, some light fluffy stuff. But the roads are slick - two cars in the ditch on the freeway, just past the onramp that I use. One upside down with its windows blown out, it definitely jimmydean'd. I'm guessing one of them was speeding, tried to pass and caused them both to go into the rhubarb.

Brought my bike stuff to work, in hopes that enough snow falls to cover the ice, for a post work ride. But I forgot my contacts, dammit. Will probably ride anyways, my vision isn't super bad and its not like I'm going super fast on the phatbike anyways.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Snow storm, which is nice. Gonna have to dig out later, then dig out the house tomorrow. Bonus to having two "homes".

Not much else to report. Mouse body count is piling up, which is necessary but sad.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If we tell a robot to do something random, is it really random?

I was implying that a robot wouldn't be good at random stuff. Although they lack rigidity and dynamic accuracy so they actually do have a lot of variability but I couldn't call it random.

Maybe I should work on how to get a robot to smoke a doob and be creative. Kitchen bot could make bologna tacos.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Got to go out and take care of icy walk and drive. Bleh. Delaying with more coffee.

Also, fuck Putin.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Call to order more floor tiles. I had earlier called when I knew I needed more and they promised there would be plenty of tiles. Now they are of course sold out and need to get more home from Spain so more dalys for me. They invoiced me a special shipping fee too to order more which I will not pay. I have spend so much money with these jokes renovating the house lets just say I was a little upset on the phone when they can't deliver a minimum of service.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Working ultrasound this morning from home then off to the mountains.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well, not much to report turned into something to report awfully damned fast.

Just watched small dog, whose had a bout of diarrhea lately, crawl onto my wife and leave a Cleveland steamer on her chest. :rofl: