Quantcast

>/\<fuckit friday, holiday edition>/\<

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Not for me since this is a busy time, I like to build my PTO bank in the winter to use in the spring, summer and fall. You guys have great Xmas Holiday, I'm not taking any days off for teh holiday. :thumb:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Finishing off the drive to Cincinnati with the kids. Punched most of it out last night while everyone slept. Booze and some of my favorite family await...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Early bird also gets his own lane at the pool while half the other lanes had to double up. Heh. I'd have shared though if someone asked. 1:39 avg swim pace...my fastest yet (1500 yards).

I am planning on letting my staff leave early today as long as things are quiet around here. Family gathering at mom's tomorrow then Wife and I will ski Christmas Day and Monday.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
First day off. Wife is dropping the boys off at daycare /day camp, then it's off to the hills for a little xc skiing, lunch at the brew pub, and maybe a movie. I'm hoping to find a little time in there for a little of what the good Doctor Toshi prescribes...

Tired as fuck though, woke up at 5:30 this morning.

Tomorrow is off to the inlaws. I think it will be good as the boys will get to hang out with their cousins, whom they adore.

Merry Christmas y'all...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ow my liver. Got into the scotch while wrapping presents last night. Passed out on the couch to almost 3. Kid time today, wife is venturing out to Costco. Climbing tonight after kid is in bed.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Nothing much on the docket for today except for Amazon order to arrive next week when I'm back. I am down with that.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Company scheduled half day today, yay. Damn near empty office since folks who have a reason to not be here aren't. I swear half the folks I work with are here simply because they don't want to be home and have sh!t else to do. I have so many other things I would rather do than be here. WTF.

Epic after work haul ass drive to try and catch the wife's nephews basketball game. Nothing like freshman high school small town sports. You know the kind, where there are only about 20 kids in the school who play all the sports because they are the only ones who play sports in the school of 150 kids. :rofl:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
mornin. Im ready for the holiday. Gunna need more beer though. Yesterday I had half my teeth cleaned yesterday, the dentist whose a hot Latina women, told me that I don't get cavities because I have lots of saliva. After a while she says "do you always salivate this much or is it just for me?" I had a mouth full of tools so I couldn't even say something dumb. Oh well, I get another chance today.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i saw a unicorn no one would probably want yesterday.....a ZAPcar.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I could be doing holiday stuff with the family, instead I'm stuck here at the house with the window guy, again. This wouldn't piss me off as much if I had actual weekends to spend with my family, whom it turns out, I actually kind of like.

Working tomorrow, but I did get Christmas day off. Seniority sucks until you have it I guess.

Did see Rogue One last night. Can confirm that awesome movie is awesome. 10/10, will see again.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I've decided to have an in out of the office type day. Thats code for minimal face time. Going to find earbuds at Target is my first task.

Did 3 / 4 intervals at a 9 minute pace for 60 minutes on the treadmill and 60 minutes of a fat burner program on the eliptical. 4 laps in the pool. The guy in the next lane swam exactly twice as fast as can. He looked about 80.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ride complete...23 miles, 3100' of climbing...hadn't ridden in 3 weeks. legs are le wrecked. took a pretty good digger on a wet, off camber rock ledge. smashed my cheek and knee up a bit. luckily there was a beer waiting for me in the car. good times.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Acquired a helmet and new boots. Will end my 7 year skiing hiatus with a trip to Crystal Christmas day. Hope I remember how to do it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
New corporate policy for hiring a temp employee followed. Many approvals obtained. Many hoops hopped through.

... Received an email today telling me my submission can't be processed via the new channel, and that I need to resubmit my request via the old channel.

Also, can't get into corporate time sheet software (web based app).

CIO distributed an email earlier this week, describing how his silver-bullet plan is working perfectly.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
ride complete...23 miles, 3100' of climbing...hadn't ridden in 3 weeks. legs are le wrecked. took a pretty good digger on a wet, off camber rock ledge. smashed my cheek and knee up a bit. luckily there was a beer waiting for me in the car. good times.
Is that a trail?

We just stopped at Sycamore, got some mellow trail suggestions for today and are about to head out to DuPont. Both of us haven't really slept since yesterday so this should be interesting.

Dudes eyes peeled up when I mentioned Wilson's. :D

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Is that a trail?

We just stopped at Sycamore, got some mellow trail suggestions for today and are about to head out to DuPont. Both of us haven't really slept since yesterday so this should be interesting.

Dudes eyes peeled up when I mentioned Wilson's. :D
hah! no, it's a waterfall at the bottom of a trail in wilsons. enjoy dupont. and stop at the hub when you're back in brevard. trust me.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
New corporate policy for hiring a temp employee followed. Many approvals obtained. Many hoops hopped through.

... Received an email today telling me my submission can't be processed via the new channel, and that I need to resubmit my request via the old channel.

Also, can't get into corporate time sheet software (web based app).

CIO distributed an email earlier this week, describing how his silver-bullet plan is working perfectly.
I hope you put the new cover sheet on your TPS report today.