Quantcast

fuckng turdsday gfmt.....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So one thing that could be happening is drain from all the electronic crap that contemporary cars leave running when they're "off", which could say that your battery is in fact fine.
Yeah, it could well be that. Although as the last of the 100 series it is not overly electronified. Hell, it has a tape deck. (And a CD/DVD* changer, whose input is now taken over by an aftermarket USB input that shouldn't have parasitic drain in and of itself.)

* when in Park one could in theory play a movie on the DVD changer on that craptastic 640 x 480ish resistive touchscreen

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Car not totaled. Gotta get claim update. Might be time for a new car this weekend.

Doh. Meant to post in the Friday thread. Derp.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Yeah, garaged. But I can go a week+ easy without driving it depending on my schedule and the e-biking suitability of the weather.
You can install an on board jump starter, either super cap or lithium.
If you are looking at fancy batteries an Odyssey battery might work well, they are still made in the US.
I think the metal cased one deals with high under bonnet temps better, can't quite remember.....

I haven't read of many optima failures over the last few years, but the crazy car audio people dropped them pretty quickly over here after production moved to Mexico, seemed the early ones had some issues.

My last flooded battery lasted 12 yrs, the guy in the shop told me to get the biggest one that will fit in the tray and it will save me money long term, dude was right.

Yeah, it could well be that. Although as the last of the 100 series it is not overly electronified. Hell, it has a tape deck. (And a CD/DVD* changer, whose input is now taken over by an aftermarket USB input that shouldn't have parasitic drain in and of itself.)

* when in Park one could in theory play a movie on the DVD changer on that craptastic 640 x 480ish resistive touchscreen
Another thing I'll note is that I have been using Interstate for battery replacements in past years and they have been solidly reliable.