Quantcast

Fujifilm X-Pro1

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I sold my D3 for it, and....it rules. Zero regrets. That is all.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Got $2100 for the D3, and with the bundle discounts on the Fuji stuff right now, I got the X-Pro body, a 35mm f/1.4 and a 18-55mm f/2.8-4 for less than $2k. Not too shabby.

My shoulder loves me right now. Just the 28-70mm Nikon I sold weighed as much as the entire Fuji kit.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Got $2100 for the D3, and with the bundle discounts on the Fuji stuff right now, I got the X-Pro body, a 35mm f/1.4 and a 18-55mm f/2.8-4 for less than $2k. Not too shabby.

My shoulder loves me right now. Just the 28-70mm Nikon I sold weighed as much as the entire Fuji kit.

Now...scoot yourself over to Steve Huff's site and peep on the Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 for that bad boy. Beautiful lens....I drool over the .95 hyper prime....but not the hyper price!! :eek:

fro biker

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
in the sticks
Definitely scan some of the negatives/photos and show us what you get. Film is amazing, I just wish it wasn't so pricey/I had a dark room bc I'm tired of paying people to develop my stuff for me...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Now...scoot yourself over to Steve Huff's site and peep on the Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 for that bad boy. Beautiful lens....I drool over the .95 hyper prime....but not the hyper price!! :eek:
I am very much in love with the Fujinon 35mm right now, but eventually I'm going to dive into adapters. Fuji makes only one official adapter, an M-mount, (which leaves the sky open for good glass) but their are third party adapters for pretty much every lens out there. The Metabones speed booster looks intriguing.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Nice! I've started liquidating my DX stuff to get a mirrorless camera. As much as I'd love the Fuji its too rich for my blood with an impending move and unemployment on the horizon. I'm leaning towards an NEX6 at this point.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Definitely scan some of the negatives/photos and show us what you get. Film is amazing, I just wish it wasn't so pricey/I had a dark room bc I'm tired of paying people to develop my stuff for me...
that be one of them thar digital doohickeys.....uses black majick to take picshures....

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Interesting, but the viewfinder is supposed to be one of the best and most unique things about the X-Pro.
:stupid:

I'd like an EVF. That desire has me waffling between an NEX and an OM-D. I think I might pull the trigger on the OM-D once all of my stuff sells. It seems to have a better array of lenses available.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
:stupid:

I'd like an EVF. That desire has me waffling between an NEX and an OM-D. I think I might pull the trigger on the OM-D once all of my stuff sells. It seems to have a better array of lenses available.
Have you looked at the GX1? You can get them for under $250 now.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Good call. Just bought one of those today. GX1 + 14-42 OIS lens for $550. I really wanted the OM-D but couldn't justify the extra $500 for the EVF. Arrives on Tuesday.
Arrived Saturday but back it goes! I tried the 14-42 with the power zoom and do not like it. Feels a lot more video camera like. Not to mention the lens extends once powered up and is not nearly as compact as it appears. To the regular 14-42 we go!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Yep. They are implementing features that have come out on other, newer models like the X-M1 and X100s. Pretty much the ONLY camera mfr that consistently releases updates and fixes. They've taken the original x-pro and made it vastly better since it's release. Other camera makers need to take note, it's a great way to win over some customers. Instead of releasing new incremental hardware updates, squeeze the max out of the "older" hardware via firmware. (the x-pro is only 1.5 year out). That way late adopters (like me for example) won't feel buyers remorse when the newest model rolls out.

But they could even leave it alone and it would still rule.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@H8R ........you still shooting fuji?

thinking of...

X E3
XT 2
XT 20

or maybe a xpro 2...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Oh and I would look at the Fuji X-E1. About $1k with the 18-55mm lens.

Or if you already have a bunch of M4/3 lenses from the GH2, stick with M4/3. There are a ton of options out there.
Haha, I bought the Ricoh GR and it was a great little thing, I then moved on to a Fuji X-E2 and it was a massive turd sandwich. Shit menu system and annoying manual controls, oh and the over damped lenses feel terrible too.
I drank the Fuji Kool-Aid and I did not enjoy.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I love the GRII, with the exception of dust on the sensor. :(
Yeah I gave mine to my niece because of that issue.

Did they sort the shitty manual focus for the second gen? From memory you had to hold one button down and press another to get it to manually focus. I was hoping a firmware update would have let you use the exposure comp buttons to do the manual focusing but they only did a couple of updates.
I sorta liked the GR when I had and after buying the Fuji I realised that the Ricoh was much better than I was giving it credit for, that was a good chunk of the reason I bought a Pentax DSLR.
The XT2 looks pretty nice but after using the X-E2 with a 18mm and 60mm lenses I don't really want to own anything Fuji again.