Quantcast

Full body/up onto neck tattoos: Too scumbag?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Sitting around watching Constantine tonight.

Made me think I want a few points that come up from my body tattoo and onto my neck.

Too scumbag?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I was thinking "pretty pretty princess" on the back of my neck. Give the sailors something to look at.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I did tattoos for a while and the guy I apprenticed with always said NO when he was asked to do hands, neck and face. He said that was reserved for people in the tattoo industry etc. He had done them for people who were his regular clients, but would try his best to talk people out of them!

I think a tattoo that can not be covered by regular clothes is pretty lame... kinda attention whorish! Be able to cover them, that is my advice!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
fine.

just ditch that stupid fvcking mohawk.

and don't dress like a fvcking slob.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I say do it and post pics....then we can all bust your chops :biggrin:

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
neck tattoo = given up on receiving a paycheque signed by someone else.
Also not true. I do work for myself now, before this I worked for another larger brokerage and my ink didnt make any difference. My brother still works for that company and has more ink than I do. One right across his throat. Certain people will always be asshats about tattoos, those are the type of people I wouldnt want to work for anyway.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Also not true. I do work for myself now, before this I worked for another larger brokerage and my ink didnt make any difference. My brother still works for that company and has more ink than I do. One right across his throat. Certain people will always be asshats about tattoos, those are the type of people I wouldnt want to work for anyway.
and bingo was his name-o

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

I like them, and I kind of thought the the scumbaggyness was the point of them.
ummmm no.

people dont get tattoos because they're hoping it will make them a scumbag...people make themselves scumbags, not tattoos.
i know a lot of people with ink all over. some are scumbags, some arent. but the ones who are scumbags didnt get that way from tatts....i think they were scumbags before that.

and Barker's ink is im sure a mess now that its been burnt like my dinner.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
ummmm no.

people make themselves scumbags, not tattoos.
GET OUT! I thought there was a contagious scumbag virus in the ink like Hep A.

The original question was more of a perception question. Neck tattoos are perceived as scumbaggy by like 99% of everybody. They emulate prison ink. You don't get them because you want people to perceive you as a demure ****ing flower.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
thats the problem with people...they think because someone has some ink on their exposed skin, then that means they musta been in prison or is some sorta badass and or rebel.

if someone wants to have their ink exposed in a place where everyone can see it, and it cant be covered up, then thats their business.

people are too judgmental.

*rant complete*

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
It looks like Travis Barker or whatever his name is has a touch of the AIDS.

I hope GM gives him kickbacks for the advertising.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
The original question was more of a perception question. Neck tattoos are perceived as scumbaggy by like 99% of everybody. They emulate prison ink. You don't get them because you want people to perceive you as a demure ****ing flower.
I think you are probably correct that he was asking what other people might think. And I also think it would be pretty sad to decide this question one way or another based on what other people might think.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Sitting around watching Constantine tonight.

Made me think I want a few points that come up from my body tattoo and onto my neck.

Too scumbag?
To each his own is all I have to say about this topic. If you really want it, go for it. I have the word "Vengeance" tattooed across my throat, just above my shirt line. My arms are also both fully sleeved as well. I have never had a problem when it comes to a job, and the office I currently work in is more interested to see any new work I get than anything.

I've also heard every stupid question about tattoos that you could possibly imagine. So please dont bother asking.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There was an article recently talking about new rules around the country concerning visible tattoos on fireman and teachers. Neck tattoos are especially bad. A lot of employers in a lot of industries look down on visible tattoos.

My boss (VP of engineering) has his full back and chest done, but none of it is visible with a t-shirt. He and I have talked about it because my brother owns Staircase Tattoo in Santa Cruz and has done some incredible back pieces.

I have no tattoos, but I'm not a huge fan of neck, face, hands. If I ever got anything done, it would be concealed. But that's just me.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
There was an article recently talking about new rules around the country concerning visible tattoos on fireman and teachers. Neck tattoos are especially bad. A lot of employers in a lot of industries look down on visible tattoos.
the military also doesn't allow their new recruits to have visible ink too i believe