Quantcast

Full circle, kinda.......

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
me and Snacks were ridin along at a favorite xc place and we were almost done with our ride, when i heard this moaning sound. it sounded like somone was having sex in the bushes haha. Anyways i waited for Snacks to catch up and had her watch my bike as i ran over to where the ruckus was comin from.
Well it turns out a girl took a spill and broke her leg. Her freind was on the phone trying to direct an ambulance to the trail so i was able to help out a little. i got her a little more comfortable and gave her my space blanket.
Earlier me and Snacks just happened to run into a pal of ours and so we were riding together, he's a superfast semi-pro (should be pro) rider and he rode out to help out the emt's to where she was. It was a little tricky because the trails are tight and twisty and if you follow the trail you can ride by someone as the trails nearly intersect but still be 3 miles apart if you follow the trail. So when bearings were got and the emt's arrived we helped take out sticks and small fallen dead trees out of the way so they could haul her out without tripping, as they negotiated the quicker path inbetween the meandering trails.
Anyways the emt's really got there super quick considering all the circumstances. So we collected our bikes and as i walked by her i gave her some last words of encouragement and a thumbs up since i had just broke my leg mt. biking last July. So it was kind of nice and it felt good to give back just a little bit of what i could. :dancing:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Funny thing about her bike is she was out on the local bike shops bike demoing a new Endro(?) It was all shiny :love:

When we got to the parking lot we chatted with the fire dept guy(old man and not hot at all :( ) about how quick they seem to get there. He said they would have been there faster but the dispatch unit actually sent them to the bike shop in town because the chick's friend didn't know how to direct them to the trail. Luckily the bike shop knew the of the trail and lead the EMT's to the gate. Needless to say there we not too thrilled to find out that she was the one that crashed.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Earlier me and Snacks just happened to run into a pal of ours and so we were riding together, he's a superfast semi-pro (should be pro) rider and he rode out to help out the emt's to where she was.
I think he rode extra fast because he didn't have his shirt on :heart:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
ioscope said:
The girls I ride with do!
(they are imaginary)
haha just don't get caught with an imaginary girlfriend in the bushes on the side of a trail. That kind of stuff is hard to explain to people. :monkey:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Skookum said:
haha just don't get caught with an imaginary girlfriend in the bushes on the side of a trail. That kind of stuff is hard to explain to people. :monkey:
Or if you George Micheal your imaginary boyfriend.... I kill myself :D

Good jorb with helping with the rescue dude :thumb: It is always good to have someone on hand that knows what to do.....jdcamb

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
TN said:
you are good peeps, skookum. did you get her phone #? :D
Nah i tend to shy away from the screamers. :o:

splat said:
So what caused her to crash ? Inexperiance on the trails or was it some Kick A$$ stunt ?
i'm not real sure, but a guy on this board knows her and relayed a short explanation. Seems they were demo'ing bikes from a bike shop nearby the trails. Word is that she couldn't unclip and just stumbled on the trail and landed wrong.
No that trail isn't that gnarl, but it just goes to prove that mt. biking is dangerous even on just techy XC stuff. Now that i think of it, Serial Midget broke his finger on that trail, inadvertantly hucking off a bridge where you're not supposed to huck off of it.

jdcamb said:
It is always good to have someone on hand that knows what to do.....jdcamb
Yah in all seriousness, it seems the best thing that can happen in that situation is just keeping a level head.

NineFingers said:
Where was your medicine ball, you could of given her some good remidies to ease the pain :blah:
Medicine ball what the hell is that? Yah she was beggin for an aspirin or advil, but i don't carry that stuff. She was in alot of pain, i personally know how much it hurts. i knew she was on her way to the hospital and they'd give a nice fat dose of morphine and they might not be able to give her that if she took some advil or whatever... besides, Advil or whatever won't do a damn bit a good, she could wait another hour to get the real stuff. Hell i went for 4 hours before i got a shot of toradol in the butt in a hospital in Oregon, and went for a almost 12 hours before i settled in at the hospital near Seattle to get my Morphine.
Plus when i was a kid we had to walk to school 12 miles in the snow barefoot......

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
I broke my wrist today. There was a girl in the ER who broke hers racing road. She was all bummed out and I was making jokes and laughing with my buddy. She came over and said that "if I could bottle up your positive energy I would suck it down hard." I had to work so hard not to laugh... I have a dirty mind. Since it's my right wrist im gonna need someone to suck up my positive energy.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
TheInedibleHulk said:
I broke my wrist today. There was a girl in the ER who broke hers racing road. She was all bummed out and I was making jokes and laughing with my buddy. She came over and said that "if I could bottle up your positive energy I would suck it down hard." I had to work so hard not to laugh... I have a dirty mind. Since it's my right wrist im gonna need someone to suck up my positive energy.
ahahaha oh man, yah y'know sometimes you just gotta laugh. Hey man throwin some healing vibes your way, here's to you getting things worked out so you can get out on the trail again soon. hehe i said getting things worked out.... :dancing:

also the opposite hand makes it feel like someone else is doin it.... :evil: :monkey:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Snacks said:
When we got to the parking lot we chatted with the fire dept guy(old man and not hot at all :( )
Nice coverage sister! I didn't even have to ask...shame though...I once went into insulin shock and there were 4 firefighters and 2 paramedics (emt's were chicks) but it was really embarassing cuz 3 of the FF's were HOT...even funnier...after my friends heard the story they were like were any of em hot? hahaha!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
TheInedibleHulk said:
She said it to take YOUR mind off of YOUR injury...the double entendre was on purpose I'm sure...

Sorry to hear about your wrist...I've broken my wrist twice and it is a very frustrating injury to have.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
dh girlie said:
Nice coverage sister! I didn't even have to ask...shame though...I once went into insulin shock and there were 4 firefighters and 2 paramedics (emt's were chicks) but it was really embarassing cuz 3 of the FF's were HOT...even funnier...after my friends heard the story they were like were any of em hot? hahaha!
I mean come on....they are in a uniform:love: :love: One of them even rode a mtb out to the trail. I thought I had died :o:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
I mean come on....they are in a uniform:love: :love: One of them even rode a mtb out to the trail. I thought I had died :o:
haha next time we go to Lake Sawyer and if you dump your bike and start howling i'll know what yer up to.... :sneaky: :p