Quantcast

Full Cycles - not a scam, just a bad e-tailer

novarider

Chimp
Aug 17, 2005
Northern VA
i busted my 2003 avid 5 v-brake levers and needed a new set. Well, i like avids but dont like their new style of v-brake levers. so i looked on the net to find an e-tailer that had some of the older style avid 7, which i like. i thought i found them at fullcycles.com the pic they listed showed the style i wanted. so i ordered them. i get an email saying that the shipping will be delayed since they are out of stock and waiting on a new batch from avid. WHOA... i didnt order the new ones from avid, i ordered what i thought was the 03-04 model (you know they ones that were pictured). i email full cycles and the owner tells me, "oh, thats just an old pic that we use". i told him to cancel my order and that he should post pics of what he is really selling. he said, yes his webmaster will do that. well, 4 weeks later, full cycles is still showing the same old wrong production year model brake lever than the one they are selling (and they dont even say what production year model it is that they are selling in the ad either). as a consumer, i dont always need or want the latest and greatest, i want what i like and what i want, and when i order something that has a pic, i should get what i order. i suppose i should thank this guy for re-enforcing to me that i should only order from jensons and pricepoint; you can bet all other purchases will be.

UPDATE: got what i wanted from pricepoint.com this is how etailing should be

jvp108

king of the road
Mar 21, 2006
filthadelphia
It's a bit harsh to call them a bad retailer after one near-miss bad experience. I've gotten a lot of stuff from Will and he is nothing but helpful and prompt with shipping and questions. He sells on e-bay too, but best of all he always hooks me up with random parts I need through simple e-mails.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
mastercycleman doesn't seem all that bad to me, but maybe I'm missing the good threads. You guys really ought to check up more on zach dank. There's a guy who needs to be kept in line. When someone mentioned 'not contributing to threads' his name immediately popped into my head.

Now about Full Cycles...
I hear ya man, I agree wholeheartedly, and would expect nothing less from an e-tailer. I accept pictures as a substitute for an actual item in hand at a shop, but I don't accept substitute photos. I also expect descriptions to be correct. If they are vague or contradictory, I usually don't order from them because their lack of attention to detail will likely carry over to processing my order, and also if I have any problems with their products in the future. Yay for Universal, Jenson and PricePoint. They have never failed me.
I think it's important to distinguish the good retailers from the mediocre ones. A good retailer either won't make mistakes, or will rectify them at their cost. A mediocre one will try to get away with mistakes, or blame the consumer. I'm not saying Full Cycles is bad, but it sure sounds like they're mediocre. And mediocre service merits mediocre business which produces mediocre success.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I have nothing but praise for Will, I got that 888 RC2X from him last week and it shipped lightning fast as well as was PERFECT! I wanted a white one he said they only had black so I ordered anywase. He called me 20 minutes later and said he has a white one if I want it. He could just as easily sent me the black and let the sale go on as expected and I would have been happy. Due to his consideration to call me back on his own time to make after the sale was complete and offer me what I wanted tells me he has integrity.
Will you are the man and the fork is great, beat the crud out of it today and couldn't be happier. Thanks

novarider

Chimp
Aug 17, 2005
Northern VA
and when you got it, what if it wasnt the year and model you ordered and thought u were getting?? would you just keep it??? would you be happy that you had to send it back/ these are two totally different circumstances.

I have nothing but praise for Will, I got that 888 RC2X from him last week and it shipped lightning fast as well as was PERFECT! I wanted a white one he said they only had black so I ordered anywase. He called me 20 minutes later and said he has a white one if I want it. He could just as easily sent me the black and let the sale go on as expected and I would have been happy. Due to his consideration to call me back on his own time to make after the sale was complete and offer me what I wanted tells me he has integrity.
Will you are the man and the fork is great, beat the crud out of it today and couldn't be happier. Thanks

novarider

Chimp
Aug 17, 2005
Northern VA
and when you got it, what if it wasnt the year and model you ordered and thought u were getting?? would you just keep it?? would you be happy that you had to send it back?? im not saying he is dishonest, just not a good e-tailer in my opinion, and if you read my post again, yes it was 1 incident, but it was ridiuclous how it was handled - not professional. and 1 this bad is all it takes.

It's a bit harsh to call them a bad retailer after one near-miss bad experience. I've gotten a lot of stuff from Will and he is nothing but helpful and prompt with shipping and questions. He sells on e-bay too, but best of all he always hooks me up with random parts I need through simple e-mails.