Quantcast

Full-face fitment

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Sounds a bit strange I don't think Ive ever gotten close to the chin guard with my chinny chin chin :thumb:

What sort of Full Face is it, brand ? yada yada?

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
A fitment (noun) is a part of an assembly, versus fit or fitting which is the transitive verb you mean.

Queens English, Standard English, Pidgin, etcetera..

I dont expect forum posts to be essays with spell check, but really! Why do I care? Why dont you?!

As lame as 'forks' and 'colourways' are, this one takes the cake. Latitude given for those 'from across the pond' but not much.

Last edited:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
And - this is my observation - I think your chin being too close, much less touching, the chinguard is an invitation to a dislocated jaw or worse.

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
And - this is my observation - I think your chin being too close, much less touching, the chinguard is an invitation to a dislocated jaw or worse.
Saw your other thread about having a huge melon. So what helmet are you wearing? Did you take a crash to the face and dislocate your jaw? Seems like it wouldn't make too much difference -- the chinguard flexes and the helmet can move around on your head.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Saw your other thread about having a huge melon. So what helmet are you wearing? Did you take a crash to the face and dislocate your jaw? Seems like it wouldn't make too much difference -- the chinguard flexes and the helmet can move around on your head.
I use an HJC CLX5 XXXL - very big. If your face is close to the chinbar, when you crash, you can be compressed so the chin is pressing against the bar, and should it move as you described, can pull your chin out of the socket (or force it in/jam.) I did jam up my jaw once using an ill fitting helmet, but no dislocation. It was definitely unpleasant!

Think of shoes that are too small, and you poor toes'es!