Quantcast

Full sus victories

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
I know Bart Brentjens was credited with the first major XC race win on a full sus (Spec FSR at a Norba)

Now Filip M. won the world champs on his Epic, is that the first, or did Green win one of his title on a fuel ?

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
ok, not to worry, according to spec's site:

"The victory marks the first-ever Men’s XC World Championship won on a dual suspension bike. "

pretty cool, who would of thought a couple of year ago ?

RITFreeRider

Monkey
Sep 10, 2003
In a Boulderado state of mind
A couple years ago people would have thought you were crazy to race on a full suspension bike. After being at a couple xc races this summer, I've seen lots of riders at all levels on full sup bikes and a good number on disc brakes. Who would have thought?

Devoracer77

Chimp
May 8, 2003
Bend, Or
I still say your crazy to race on a full suspension. I race on a hardtail almost no matter what. The only race I have ever done on a full suspensiom was the Sandpoint NCS race and that was on an NRS. That was also the worst race I had all season. The only reason I raced on that was because the course really didnt have much climbing, it was really really rough, and my wrist was still broken from a bad crash at Mt. Snow a month earlier. Hardtails also teach you how to a better rider. You learn how to pick smoother lines. It's onbe thing for Filip to race on one cause he's been racing for ever and has alot of experence, but too many peopel that are new to racing (people who are serious about racing that is) hop on full suspension cause everyone says there faster. Did anyone see the XC course at Durango this year? You were an idiot if you raced a full suspension on it. Kemper had to convience Steve Westdover to let the Adam Craig and Carl Decker to race their hardtails cause that course had so much climbing.