Quantcast

full tilt at telluride?

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Fast, short, rocky, tight corners, long high speed off camber corner, drop, pin ball alley through aspens.....FUN!!!!

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO
Timing issues plauged Telluride once again. Whoever said downhill racing wasn't dead hasent been to Colorado.
I hope you are kidding, if not, sucks to be Red Rock Timing right now. I was really hoping they would get this figured out, seemed like such a promising system (chip timing). I wonder if this will be the last straw for Mike Mac?

remdog

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Durango
yea man. they had times way wrong. at first i ran over an hour ccording to them, asked them and said it was actuly 2:33 or something but they never got times up before i gave up and drove home

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear things were F*ed up again. I wonder how many more chances RRC will get? I cant imagine too many before the MSC starts loosing some serious patronage...

remdog

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Durango
yea. right now it would be more efficent to have a guy at top with a stop watch and a a guy at the bottom and just do 1 rider at a time.

remdog

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Durango
the f***ing timing guy was standing at registration handing us our chips saying "we swung and we missed at snowmass but at least we swung, now we now why we missed and we are gonna nail it this time" then they did the same shi* where they said they would post times within the hour and never did. they suck hard. sounds like they got XC mostly right, super d seemed to come out fine

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
At least they gave out finishes for super d this time. How they haven't posted super d and mx results from Snowmass is beyond me...

jhhubb

Chimp
Apr 19, 2006
the all mighty 303
I think the guys rruning the MSC should pony up some extra cash and use the guys that ran crested bute this year. They were spot on.
That was CJ timing. And it won't happen. They keep saying on the MSC website that CJ wanted too many things to keep them around.

Would like to see them back though.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
At this point, I think the only thing that is keeping CJ Timing from being utilized for the MSC races is that they're already booked up this year.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I looked at CJ's website, and they were booked for Telluride. I did notice that they weren't busy the weekend of Keystone Climax though, good to hear that there's negotiations going on. I try not to read the forums on the MSC website... all the negativity frustrates me. Hopefully things get worked out with the timing at the races and that forum returns to being a peaceful place one of these days!

cookinchris

Chimp
Sep 19, 2004
high
After all most hanging myself, i can say for real that CJ in in the works for the final G-3 's and keystone. we all must think positive thoughts to make this happen. CJ,CJ,CJ,CJ,CJ,CJ

doc gravity

Monkey
Oct 25, 2004
highlands ranch, CO
After all most hanging myself, i can say for real that CJ in in the works for the final G-3 's and keystone. we all must think positive thoughts to make this happen. CJ,CJ,CJ,CJ,CJ,CJ
No talk of hanging oneself....... now, possibly stringing someone else up. That's something the dark side of my soul can embrace.

The MSC site is not so bad, oh Super Genius. There's a productive dialouge on SHOWING UP FOR YOUR START ON TIME, unfortunately its couched in the penalties you will incur if you don't get there on time. The databases for the events that have been run have been remarkably cleaned up in the last day or two. And now we have the new mantra of CJ,CJ,CJ, to brighten our day.
Scott